Sign in to follow this  
jeffcpr

Newbie here

So I am new to the forum and we are looking to get into sublimation printing.  I will be doing some searching on this forum for more info.  And advice would be great and thanks in advance.

epson is cheapest to get into it but sawgrass virtuoso uses ricoh and gel inks - much more forgiving if you are printing every few days - I have gone 3 months without printing on a ricoh and was no problem - epson's not so forgiving - it is a lot of fun - 

I used a Ricoh SG3110dn printer for eight years for my Sublimation work. As Dakotagrafx said, you could let it sit for weeks and it would still print properly. My unit developed mechanical/internal problems and I could not get it printing again. Since I am not doing a lot of work anymore, even though I enjoyed sublimation, I started looking for a less expensive alternative unit. I bought a new, simple, Epson Ecotank  printer(shop around for the best price) that was cheaper than my Ricoh. I found Sublimation ink on the big site for a MUCH LOWER PRICE and have been printing various items for the past few weeks. I have been either printing a project or running a nozzle check every day just to keep the printhead ok. So far, so good. 

• Like 1

if you keep them printing like arty does that isn't a bad choice but when you leave on a transatlantic or transpacific cruise, just plan on a new printer when you get back lol

• Like 1

I just checked the printer manual and it has it's own email address. So, I can still print something daily by just sending the printer a small, say, photo from anywhere. Got to love the new technology. 

• Like 1