webcat

Design Position Way Off

{GRAPHTEC CE7000} So I'm working with a small roll of 15" by probably about 15ft. Thang has been rolled up for over a year, so I put it in under the wheels, lock them down, yet, it obviously rolls up by the cut head. I use my fingers to try to keep it down, as I hit 1 for Front Edge scan, which it does, I think....Only thing is, now when I go back to the software to send the design to the plotter, it's not shows at the front right edge like it normally does when I cut on sheets. So at first, I think it's not loading my design, but to my utter surprise, it "is" loading it, just 91 inches back in the roll for some reason??? And for some other reason, the positioning inputs are greyed out so I cant change them, Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I'm not sure what I could have done wrong, if it's on me...

designPlot.PNG

is the origin button in the software? because I always put this thing, but that's after the design is actually showing up See attached

IsThisOrigin.PNG

No, I bet you mean the actual origin button on the machine. lol.

No, I didn't know I was suppose to put that.

So how does it go, I click 1, for Roll Front Edge, let it do it's thing then I press "ORIGIN" ???

You know what, I better confirm, just so I know (knowledge is the key).

Is the reason I had to hit origin, because I chose to do a Roll? Because I never hit it when I made my first Lettering cuts the other day?

Also, am I suppose to be hitting the Poll button when I get to the Cut Page? I was doing that thinking it was what was making things work, ya know, Like I "had" to do it for the cut to work. Am I right about that much or no?

I have a 30" FC.  Owned since 2008.  I have NEVER used poll in all of my years of cutting. I know how big my designs are and how large my vinyl is. Even scraps.  

Origin is your X Y measurement at 0/0  That is where your design is being measured from.   That is the starting point of measuring your design.  You should always push the ORIGIN button on your cutter, every time. 

I also turned off my media sensor and pinch roller sensor on day 1.  I can put my blade very close to the vinyl edge. 

I also do not change my material width/length for different rolls.  My width stays at 29.6" w x  1968" L.  I use 15", 24" 30" wide rolls.   The only time I would change user defined, is if using a piece of scrap,  and want to run some copies.   Like a 6" wide scrap and want to use part of it.. I only buy 50 yard length rolls, but I keep scraps.   Your welcome.