sjdvn2

Weeding stars from American flag

I have a customer that wants a number of decals which include an American flag. The stars would be small and tedious...any best practice tips out there for weeding out all the little stars, or should I just prepare myself for a couple days of wrist pain?

• Like 1

What is "a number" ? To my way of thinking, that sounds like a full-color print job. Subcontract it out to a large-format decal printing firm (ZooPrinting is my go-to).

• Like 1

I have a client that likes the flag on a shoulder. I just flipped it around so the stars stay and I weed off the background and it's easy. IF they insist on the other way I up-charge for the weed time. Honestly if there are a bunch I end up doing a plastisol transfer these days but sometimes that takes too long to get the job done. 

On 8/17/2021 at 8:01 AM, sjdvn2 said:

I have a customer that wants a number of decals which include an American flag. The stars would be small and tedious...any best practice tips out there for weeding out all the little stars, or should I just prepare myself for a couple days of wrist pain?

I would put up thin lines in between the stars so the stars get joined to each other. That way when you start to peel the first star, after it comes off, it will pull that line as well. So, even it breaks, you will have a bit of lifted up vinyl to grab other star. Also, it will save your cutter head from going up down up down for all the stars.

Look at this picture and see the beads in the bottom. The client wanted a combination of full colour and empty beads. The same things was for the 5 holes of the instrument above that.

The cutter was able to cut all the rings as 1 shape. The join line is just 0.2 mm thick.

See if this trick works

IMG_20210606_114638.jpg.1a19efbde176673f3da30e57b0466131.jpg

• Like 1