steven modrow

trying to convert this to cut

i just got flexi 11 and using seiki 1350t and im tryng to convert this image so i can cut our the logo and words please help and advice thank you advance

BusinessCard_2021-05-04_135748.jpg

• Like 1

As a rule you do not trace text.  You will need to find the fonts and recreate the design.  Text does not trace clean.   It's just text , a couple lines, and your little design.  

• Like 1

Steven, whazzup?

What you ONLY need to 'convert' is that logo (truck) --  It's just one of those things you'll have to recreate by hand, using the Node Editing & drawing tools at your disposal in the software.

The rest of the card, just type it. (That's not even a unique sans-serif font you need to track down, it's just standard Helvetica, or Ariel).

• Like 2

And as far a logo to recreate, that one is going to be pretty easy. What specifically are you having trouble with?

I would give you a tip if you are needing to keep the overall layout the same as that pic (not neccessarliy the case)

1.Import the image into your sofware

2.Resize it if neccessary to be in or near a certain scale. (this may cause issues with pixelation of the image so you may need to resize after vectoring)

3.Reduce the opacity to 50% or 60%. (this will aid in visibility as you do the next steps)

4.Lock the image so you don't accidentally get hold of it while working.

5.Design ON TOP of this image so you can type out things and preserve the original appearance.  Even if you can't match the exact font, often that is not super critical to clients.  You can hand trace a simple object like that truck in a few minutes once you get used to your software and the texts can all be typed out like has been mentioned. Once you type your text you can adjust kearning and spacing and stretch thiings around to get the layout to match up to the inderlying image and recreate it to near perfection. 

These steps are a good workflow to consider for most jobs. I also save a "working copy" prior to converting fonts over to outlines so that if I need to modify something later or if I mis-spelled a word I can easily make changes at some future time. (this happens more than you woud expect) Then I save a cut ready file and remove all the background stuff and convert all the text over to objects (outines) so it's a cut-ready file. If it's HTV tee shirt work I mirror it all at this time too. 

Another tip is to find the original artwork; someone made this business card at the request of the company and it may be possible to locate the graphic artist they worked with. Not likely, to be sure, but ya neva know.

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Another tip is to find the original artwork; someone made this business card at the request of the company and it may be possible to locate the graphic artist they worked with. Not likely, to be sure, but ya neva know.

Doing just a little bit of searching online.  The OP is the owner of the business.   S & T Expediting LLC. 

I guess the OP has figured it out, so doesn't need any more help. :huh:

2 hours ago, Kronick Designs said:

How do I add the text to the design before cutting? I typed in some letters but when I go to cut, the letters are not there.

Are you cutting by color? If so, make sure the two colors are selected, so the cutter knows to cut both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kronick Designs said:

How do I add the text to the design before cutting? I typed in some letters but when I go to cut, the letters are not there.

I use Flexi 10 basic version. I usually import files as dxf straight into flexi 10 and when I make something in flexi or type something, it shows up with a different line colour or layer. Production manager will not show multiple colours at the same time and as such, it won't cut them either. So, either you need to let the cutter know to cut both, as Haumana said or change whatever you want to cut in the program to one colour. I hope these photos will clarify what I want to say

IMG_20210903_085404.jpg

IMG_20210903_085419.jpg

IMG_20210903_085428.jpg

IMG_20210903_085436.jpg