Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

License for flexi, VE-LXI and Graphtec pro studio tied to hardware

Learned something new tonight - last week I upgraded the processor in my design computer and found out tonight that the VE_LXI-Master Plus and Graphtec Pro studio wouldn't launch due to license issue.  A call to SAI Support sorted it out and found out the flexi software's take note of certain hardware configurations to make sure it isn't used on another computer.   in about 15 minutes both programs are back to normal.   Never even considered the processor upgrade with no other changes would have put my flexi versions out of service . . . . just for reference if someone else runs into this

Is that just on Cloud versions?  I have my dongle versions on everything from XP,  Windows 7 and Windows 10.  No problems,  I just put my dongle in and use it on which ever computer.   Flexistarter 8.6 and Flexi Designer 10.5  is on Windows 7 and Windows 10

Not cloud, all I did was swap the processor for a new ryzen7 3700x (old one was a ryzen 7 1500x).  No other changes and never touched the dongles.  But the configuration changed from when the software was installed so triggered a license violation.  Ve Lexi master plus 12 and newest version of graphtec pro studio 

I was always curious how they tracked that. I wasn't sure if it was going to be something like a configuration setup, or from querying the Mac address and/or IP address. Good to know.

• Like 1