levy4u

Cutting X+ Direction Uneven - CE7000-60

7 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Was that the 'Hoff?!!

Sure is! I have a lot of car club customers that make some unique "slap" stickers.

11 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Didn't you get the license code for  Graphtec Pro Studio, so you could activate it?  It is FlexisignPro without the RIP.  Over a $1000 software.   Better than any other Graphtec software. 

I just downloaded it but don't see what it does any better than Adobe Illustrator. I only use CM4 to send the job to the cutter, designing and all that is done in non Graphtec software. The Graphtec Pro Studio Plus looks nice with the nesting, cut paths, etc but it's an extra $500... and my issue is with the actual cutter not operating correctly while cutting in one direction.

No response from Graphtec support yet.

This is the print and cut file I'm using if it helps.

2021-07-24_7-01-38.jpg

I have an acceptable cut now. After a good nights sleep I realized I never tried perf cutting using the blue blade holder, but also extending the blade  length slightly  to account for the material thickness. I've only ever set it at the "just barely mark the backing by hand" setting.

So now I have the result I was expecting with the red holder which leads me to believe the tool holder is off somehow... guess i'll be purchasing the plastic red holder for my 60 degree blades.

IMG_8958.jpg

I have been having this exact same problem. I'm doing everything that I've read I need to be doing, I've changed the blades, changed the holder, changed the cutting mat, its in the right tool position etc. etc.... and still all sides of my decals except the left ( x+ direction) are getting perf cut. My rip software is ONYX. I set up the files so there are two separate recognized cut paths and they both have different assigned conditions with their respective settings (as far as I know and have read). I'm just at a loss at this point. plz hlp. 

Contact Graphtec tech support.  As you can see from this post, it was all answered here by me, and I don't have anything to add.  If it didn't work out for you, then contact Graphtec tech support.   We are just volunteers here.  

it is painful to see one model go so wrong after a company has such a glowing reputation . . . 

So glad I pulled the trigger to get a CE6000 when I did. :o

• Like 1

9 hours ago, haumana said:

So glad I pulled the trigger to get a CE6000 when I did. :o

it cost me thousands more to upgrade to the fc after I sent the ce7000 back and had already sold my beloved ce6000

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

it cost me thousands more to upgrade to the fc after I sent the ce7000 back and had already sold my beloved ce6000

But that FC beast is worth every penny!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

But that FC beast is worth every penny!!!

I can't argue - I might have tried to argue before I actually owned the fc but you are 100 percent correct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. I don't mean to necro this thread, but I was looking for information on something I noticed.

If you watch the following videos you will quickly see that there is some type of defect right now with the metal blade holders. I bought one because it said it had more accurate cuts and I found the absolute opposite, that the cuts are pretty bad with the blade holder. I adjusted offset from -5/+5 and still couldn't fix the issue. I even went from 1-38 on OFFSET under menu settings for this condition. Neither fixed the issue but slightly improved it. So I started comparing the blade holders and trying to see if I could notice anything defective maybe.

When you watch this video, watch how the red blade holder leans when you tighten it, even slightly. You can literally see it wobble back when I loosen it. Then watch the blue blade holder, it doesn't move at all. The plastic going all the way down is the same size as the plastic brace that holds the blade holder in. I am probably going to reach out to graphtec about this, but I believe this is why my red blade holder is not cutting perfectly like the blue one.

The red metal holder:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNLqjgJaR2tHBeTX3j6rHsi_Yvp3xMyFng4pycJQSK-2jc6G95z0LYEBGmLm535gQ/photo/AF1QipMwm30uVj0J68i9QGqYCUenxwcLMi_6gVEzijod?key=TEtoS1I2LUFpNXVCeFNOYy05WndfcGVaQXBvbzBB

The blue plastic holder:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN_2fwoEdejWmYrlHVVmmShVwRMWr9tskmco2KtEOnByhVyPqprle6RKTbVO9C_jg/photo/AF1QipPPctYzF7HjNsKXlZPIRmUO0lWZf947LxrqqIz1?key=d2xfaFRxNjBFOUtTb2YzMDZZeE1peEx3dnpkNXN3

Does anyone else have similar issue? I noticed OP has same angling issue that I have.

. We are volunteers here. Only a handful of us answer questions. And some don't even have Graphtec cutters.  I don't know what you are expecting us to answer.  I don't know of anyone on here that uses a different blade holder like that. Our plastic blade holders work just fine. I have never changed mine in 13 years.   Unless you changed your diameter of blades, what I see is that RED metal blade holder is for CB15, 1.5 mm blades. Different for the blue (0.9mm)  top blade  holder.  Did you also buy different sized blades to fit  that RED top metal holder? No mention above.  Or show the ad for the RED top  metal blade holder. 

You should be starting with your blue blade holder, and why you think it is not cutting accurate.  Mine cuts very accurate.  I cut very detailed designs.  So what is the problem with the blue blade holder?  Most times new people do not do the basics correctly of setting up their blade depth correctly, which causes other problems. Blade depth MUST be correct first.  As well as too much speed will cause problems. No mention what type of vinyl you are cutting. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

I've used the oem plastic holders and metal aftermarket holders (no experience with the newer "higher end " graphtec option), with no problems except a new oem plastic that was broken part way thru when I got it - the ce-7000-60  I had issues with and returned it - that is in another thread and was a problem with the way the vinyl was fed - I have read of people that have ce7000's that work fine but without actually having hands on another one can only go on my personal experience that ended in me purchasing a fc9000 - 

I have had a plastic red holder but haven't used it for years because the only thing I every used it for was thick flock material for rhinestones 

With that said I don't see what issue you are experiencing mentioned in your post  - I can only assume from the title of the original thread it might be a problem with the x axis cutting but I don't assume anything when trying to diagnose a problem.  can you describe what is happening and even maybe pictures of video?