MadGutts

flexi Starter 10 Crashing on import

Hi Guys, i have been using flexistarter for years as it came with my larger cutter... However today i went to import a design and the second i click on any file in the import screen it completely shuts the software down!
I have not changed any hardware or software other than windows updates so i have no idea what is causing this!
Has anyone seen this before and got any ideas to what i can do to fix it?

I am in the UK, not the US but we dont seem to have much support over here!

Quick update, althought the first tim this happened i could use file open... now when i try to open a file its also crashing out!!!

I think you answered your own question, a windows update happened. Find you an older, offline PC and run WindowsXP and forget about updates.

• Like 2

I am still running my Flexistarter 8.6 on XP, and never have problems.    Have you tried to reinstall your Flexistarter?     Do a system restore on your computer. Turn off the updates on your computer. 

• Like 2

as much as windows is a pain in the ass, its been running on Win 10 since the free 7 upgrade which is at least 5 years! 

so no idea what update has caused this, but i can open files by double clicking them and use the cutter still... so although not ideal i have managed to work with it today... need to find the original install file and the Liyu files that are needed to be copied over to make it work though