Sign in to follow this  
kindsvater

Need to Automate Bumper Sticker Business

Hi, I started making bumper stickers last year and the business has grown to where I need to automate and/or hire, and need to be pointed to the right equipment.

Currently, my 3 step process is:

1- Printing several multi-color bumper sticker size designs from PhotoShop using an Epson inkjet onto a sheet of 8.5x11 printable vinyl.

2 - Manually smoothing a waterproof 9x12 laminate sheet over the printed vinyl sheet.

3 - Manually using a paper cutter to cut the sticker designs from the laminated sheet.

Since these are bumper stickers the waterproofing is a critical component.

In my dreams I have a page of various stickers being purchased on my computer screen, I press print, then turnaround and pickup my printed, cut to size, waterproofed stickers to put in the mail.

But I'll take any automation. Thanks.

For people who might want to reply,  you have not stated your budget for this.   How much do you want to spend? 

Any amount so I know what to expect from partial to full automation - and being able to weigh the costs vs time savings vs hiring. I'm doing $5-$10k per month and have opportunities for more but my time is limited.  Any amount - whether $1000 or $100,000 I need to know what I'm looking at. Thanks

Buy a Roland sp300i , and laminate will be optional,  if you decide to laminate get a daige cold laminate unit but for bumper stickers I wouldn’t even laminate using the Roland Orem inks.  Then it is print and contour cut all at once

Ahhhhhhh, the Roland sp300i, that baby is a beautiful workhorse.

Gotta have the room for it, of course!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Ahhhhhhh, the Roland sp300i, that baby is a beautiful workhorse.

Gotta have the room for it, of course!

and keep it printing so you don't clog nozzles - 

This guy says he's got plenty of stuff to run ----  $10K a month and more jobs available. This sounds like he needs to get that Roland sp300i to the rescue!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

This guy says he's got plenty of stuff to run ----  $10K a month and more jobs available. This sounds like he needs to get that Roland sp300i to the rescue!

Heck with that volume the sp540i