NTBVinyls

CE7000 Curves not cutting properly - choppy

Hello, 

I am running into an issue with my Graphtec CE7000-40. It was purchased new from USCutter, and shipped to me directly from Graphtec. From day one, I have been having issues with curved items (see photos attached). Anything curved or circular is coming out choppy or uneven. Straight lines come out fine in most cases. I have tried multiple software, including VinylMaster, Cutting Master, and SCAL. I have tried multiple files within each of these programs. Typed text, created shapes, vectorized images, etc. All have the same result. I also have a MH Series cutter, as well as a Cricut (I know, I know..). I have tried the same files with both of these cutters, and have had NO issue. It is only happening with the CE7000. 

I have tried multiple cutting condition settings too. -4 offset, all the way to +4 offset, including 0 offset. I have tried more force, less force, slower (as slow as it can go), faster, all the same result. I have spent hours working with different settings. When it comes to the blade length, I have used multiple methods, including the one that MZ SKEETER recommends in many of his posts. I have perused this forum many times, and even found other posts where people show similar issues. I have tried each of the recommendations given to them, including factory reset, and updating the firmware. 

I have called Graphtec support 2 times, and left messages. I have also submitted 2 support tickets through their website, and have received no response from either method. I am working with someone from USCutter support that is being helpful, but he has informed me that all he can do is try to contact Graphtec for me, but he is getting nowhere with them too. They are not answering requests or emails. 

I have a $1,300 machine that is effectively unusable right now, and it's pretty frustrating. I am here hoping that someone can assist me, either with a recommendation for a solution, or with getting me in contact with Graphtec. My wife and I run a really small company, and this purchase was multiple months of savings/profits, and it feels like it's down the drain. Thanks for listening!

-Cody

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

Are you sure the blade tip is not broken off?  A good blade does not cut like that.  Try a new blade, make sure the blade is so far in the blade holder that you think it wouldn't even cut. Then it is probably right. Then use the force to cut. You only cut with the very tip of the blade about 2.5 mil. Nothing more should be sticking out of the blade holder.   Blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.  Try a drop of 2 light oil in the blade holder.  I don't think you are cutting with the very tip, then when it goes into a curve, you are cutting with the side of the blade. 

What do your TESTS look like from the TEST feature? 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you sure the blade tip is not broken off?  A good blade does not cut like that.  Try a new blade, make sure the blade is so far in the blade holder that you think it wouldn't even cut. Then it is probably right. Then use the force to cut. You only cut with the very tip of the blade about 2.5 mil. Nothing more should be sticking out of the blade holder.   Blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.  Try a drop of 2 light oil in the blade holder.  I don't think you are cutting with the very tip, then when it goes into a curve, you are cutting with the side of the blade. 

Thank you for replying!

Blade tip appears to be intact. Additionally, the blade is barely protruding. I used this method for setting length. I will go ahead and purchase a new blade though. Do you have a recommendation for a type or brand? 

Is it working for you?  Back the blade into the blade holder. Then use the force on the machine to cut with.    We tell OPS this everyday.  Several times a day.   Get down eye level and watch it cut, you should barely see any type of daylight between the bottom of blade holder and the vinyl. 

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. I've put the blade more into the holder, more out. I've slid it across vinyl on my desk. Right now it's barely sticking out enough to cut the vinyl. Any less and it doesn't cut through the vinyl. 

Additionally, I am using Oracal 651 for these projects. 

It doesn't matter what vinyl you are using  Oracal 651 is common vinyl. 2.5 mil thick. Raise your force to cut the vinyl. 

Yes, I’ve played with force heavily as well. 

I will go ahead and replace the blade to see if that is an issue. Any recommendations on blade brand?

Are you sure that you have the blade holder in the carriage arm correctly, so that the flange is over the lip and holding it down?   Sometimes you have to look at the blade under a magnifying glass to see if the tip is still there.  

Ok correct.  So what do the TEST cuts look like from the TEST feature? The square and triangle, has to be correct before you send any designs.   Which cutting software are you using?  You should always cut slow until you learn your machine.  Like speed 2

I’ve used multiple speeds, including 1.

Here are the tests. 

just wanted to say thank you again for helping. 

59A911DD-D5C9-49E3-9B99-ECF698211EB0.jpeg

10327709-6483-4C26-A782-2C55EF4C2D8B.jpeg

those look pretty good.  So did you ever put the oil in the blade holder?  Your welcome.  Is there scratches or gouges in the teflon cutting strip? 

Do you have a slight marking in the wax paper backing?  You should, just slight, that way you know you are cutting all the way thru the adhesive. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

those look pretty good.  So did you ever put the oil in the blade holder?  Your welcome.  Is there scratches or gouges in the teflon cutting strip? 

I would need to get some oil, I do not have any here. Any suggestions on a brand and how to apply?

No scratches or gouges. Strip looks brand new. 

Do you have a slight marking in the wax paper backing?  You should, just slight, that way you know you are cutting all the way thru the adhesive.   It also leaves a little pattern in case you need to replace a small piece of vinyl. 

I am tending to believe the blade is not turning freely - I had one new one that had a cracked blue cap.  also does the material tent up when moving forward and backward on your ce7000  ?

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I am tending to believe the blade is not turning freely - I had one new one that had a cracked blue cap.  also does the material tent up when moving forward and backward on your ce7000  ?

It does tent a bit at times, yes. 

What would be a solution for the blade turning?

just make sure it turns freely in both the top and in the blue part - the tenting is an issue and may have something to do with your problem as the vinyl isn't staying flat on the cut strip - any gap would cause it to not have clean cuts

Purchased new blades. The blades are turning freely. 

Still not working. Curves are still really choppy. Oil did not do the trick either. 

So, do you have the blade so far into the blade holder that you think it wouldn't cut yet?  Then use the force of the machine to cut with?   Which degree blades did you get? 

Have you contacted Graphtec about getting that plastic piece replaced, that has to do with the vinyl not laying correctly?  You should. 

Is the blade carriage tight against the rail? Are the proper sections made for the blade in which you are using, such as Condition etc.

UPDATE: Graphtec finally reached out to me, and after a few tests, it appears that it was a software issue. I primarily use Vinyl Master Pro V4.3, and unfortunately this cutter is not compatible with that software. Not sure why the issue was also happening in SCAL as well. But after exporting PTL files to Cutting Master 4, the results are great. 

What's unfortunate, is that I spent so much money and am so comfortable with Vinyl Master Pro, and it doesn't work. :(

Didn't you get a serial number/activation for Graphtec Pro Studio?  I would think it would be much better than any of them.  It is Flexisignpro    without the RIP.    I have it downloaded.   That is well over a $1000 software.   

Graphtec CE7000 software.JPG