The Hat Cap up platten do not heat properly on the sides, the heat will have to be increse 10 -20 more degrees to get to the heat desiare, and only be on center of the heat platten,  i did meassure temperature wiht my laser grip, also to print a hat it is very uncunfortable the viser get on the way of the heat platten, this make it very hard to heat press. 

Do you have a question that people reading this Forum all around the world can assist you with?

1. You have a press that's not heating the platen evenly. This is actually a common problem with the 6-in-1 (it is designed to swap platens, but that's a weak link and can cause heat distribution issues like you describe).

What do you think we can do about that?

2. Can you post an image of the cap visor being "in the way" ? 34773-2T.jpg?v-cache=1499122844

• Like 3

On the temp just make sure the coolest place is at the minimum temp for the product. The areas that are hotter will be fine. Almost every heat applied product can handle a pretty wide margin ABOVE the minimum temp without any serious consequences. Also bear in mind that hats are rarely subject to the same torture than regular clothing is so there is some comfort in knowing they are rarely washed and usually aren't stretched and abraded like a shirt. 

Some presses have different interchangeable lower platens that help fit various hat sizes. I have the press that slice&dice pictured. I tend to use the smallest lower platen most of the time. It limits the height of the design to about 2.25" tall but is the easiest to get the hat to conform and usually is large enough for most basic logo's. This is especially true if doing a smaller logo on one side of the front two panels which has become very popular of late. 

Whichever press you have I find it helpful to pre-heat the cap and then stretch the material over the platen while it's good and warm to get it to lay flatter and often do a second pre-heat for a few seconds. The press in the above pic also has a spring loaded hold down that helps keep the hat tight during the process. Not all presses will have this option and it's of great value and worth considering when picking a press. You may want to invest in a roll of heat tape as well to help hold your design in place as you press. 

• Like 2