bevans

Which Cutter to pick

HELP! Im learning how to use signblazer and my cutter is not listed in the options! which one do i click? I have the US Cutter MH871 MK2

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Redsail

Thanks. Now ive tried this and it isnt cutting. the port is correct i really have no clue what im doing. I hit Test and it did a perfect test cut what could be wrong?

Hopefully you downloaded the FTDI driver for whichever Windows you are using.  If using USB.  This is not TRUE USB. It's a cheap Chinese chipset.    This is not plug an play.  Match the com port # in your computer device manager 1-4, nothing higher.  Match in Signblazer to it in set up. 

14 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Hopefully you downloaded the FTDI driver for whichever Windows you are using.  This is not plug an play.  Match the com port # in your computer device manager 1-4, nothing higher.  Match in Signblazer to it in set up. 

I did download the driver and the com port is matched. Is there any easier systems to use that you know of that would work for my cutter?

1 hour ago, bevans said:

I did download the driver and the com port is matched. Is there any easier systems to use that you know of that would work for my cutter?

Only if you buy other cutting software.  That cutter (MH) has many known problems, Communication, tracking, static, . We advise using a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter for the value cutters.  That is the brand name with the null modem cable that came with the cutter. We tell new buyers to avoid that cutter and buy the next up  The SC2, is much better. 

bevans, where did you obtain your copy of SignBlazer, if I may inquire? Is it V7.0.0 as indicated in the HELP/About info menu?

Seeing your cutter Setup screen is usually a primary step in long-distance troubleshooting like this.

6 hours ago, slice&dice said:

bevans, where did you obtain your copy of SignBlazer, if I may inquire? Is it V7.0.0 as indicated in the HELP/About info menu?

Seeing your cutter Setup screen is usually a primary step in long-distance troubleshooting like this.

We downloaded it from a link on one of these forums it downloaded wrong the first time and filled our whole desktop with individual files for the whole system so i deleted everything and downloaded again. I have to learn how to use this cutter then teach my mom so I think we are just going to invest the $50 in Vinyl Master. Thank you for your help!

11 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Only if you buy other cutting software.  That cutter (MH) has many known problems, Communication, tracking, static, . We advise using a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter for the value cutters.  That is the brand name with the null modem cable that came with the cutter. We tell new buyers to avoid that cutter and buy the next up  The SC2, is much better. 

I think we will just buy vinylmaster. I will look into that adapter thank you! My mom bought the cutter for her new buisness and she talked the seller down quite a bit and she can barley afford this one so we will just have to make it work until the buisness starts getting some traction. (If you know anyone in Utah send them to Evans Woodworks for fun crafts and parties haha) Thanks so much for your help I really apreciate it!

If you can't get it to work with Sign Blazer you're going to have the same issues with Vinyl Master. The problem is not the software per say, but how you have the cutter connected and setup to the computer and configuring the software to match.

VM is worth it and a decent upgrade over SB. However, I believe the $50 version of VM is just the cut version which does not have much in  the way of design capabilities. I would suggest Inkscape for the design side of things then save the file as an eps and import that into VM. Inkscape is free and a very powerful vector design program.