Lil' Angel

Can someone help me with this image, need is the Wife Lettering off the Hook

What software do you have? Deleting the wife would be quite easy. (in the image that is, much harder to delete the actual wife. ha!) I would probably simply draw a shape to cover it then do a punch through command. If you let us know what software you have we can give better instructions. Another option would be to manually delete the nodes, very easy to do in most software.

Also, it looks as if that image was traced, learning to redraw/manually trace it would be a good skill to have as well and can greatly improve image/cut quality

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 8:32 AM, Sue2 said:

Here it is....but you need to learn to do this yourself....it wasn't difficult.

CraneOpr-2.svg

Thank You @Sue2 can you tell me what software you used?

On 3/31/2021 at 10:12 AM, darcshadow said:

What software do you have? Deleting the wife would be quite easy. (in the image that is, much harder to delete the actual wife. ha!) I would probably simply draw a shape to cover it then do a punch through command. If you let us know what software you have we can give better instructions. Another option would be to manually delete the nodes, very easy to do in most software.

Also, it looks as if that image was traced, learning to redraw/manually trace it would be a good skill to have as well and can greatly improve image/cut quality

I do have CorelDraw, That is the only Software that I have that will allow me to open up the SVGs to Nodes Edit.  other than Sure Cuts A lot. I had bought the image online. I can't Draw for one...lol. I'm not sure really how I would learning to redraw/manually trace it would be a good skill to have as well and can greatly improve image/cut quality. 

Thank You Both

Lil' Angel

I use CorelDraw as my go-to graphics program(easier than AI).....BUT my simple version of Corel X4

would not recognize your file.

I had to open it in Illustrator and re-save.  Then it would open in my Corel......edited it from there.

• Like 1

If you have CorelDraw to node edit, then thatʻs what you shouldʻve used. Sue is right, because the word WIFE isnʻt touching anything else besides the two lines, itʻs an easy edit. What kind o difficulties are you running into when you tried this with Corel?

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:16 AM, Lil' Angel said:

I can't Draw for one...lol.

I am like you and am not a strong free artist. However, in this world you don't have to be. 

The best method to do these kinds of things is to insert an image into your software, reduce it's opacity to about 50% if you can, lock it so you won't move it and draw over the top by tracing the edges of the objects with the manual drawing tools. You'll have to learn the skill but it's not that hard with a little practice. Each software has it's own quirks with the drawing tools but once you figure them out the world will open up for you. The auto trace options rarely give the quality clean images done by hand tracing. Also, whenever possible find the font and type in the lettering or switch the font out to something similar if you can't find it. Typed font's always come out much cleaner than traced fonts. The font builders spend many hours perfecting the look of their letters that are very hard to duplicate in a hurry.