troyr

adding font in signblazer

I'm having trouble with SignBlazer seeing my fonts when I download them. ever since SignBlazer did an upgrade things seems to be much different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can see the font has gotten installed but not in SignBlazer.

SignBlazer has not been upgraded for over a decade.

(and yes, only TT fonts)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

SignBlazer has not been upgraded for over a decade.

(and yes, only TT fonts)

maybe its not an upgrade but my version reads 6.0.21 and thats not what i had previously,thats when i noticed the difference. now I'm having trouble with signblazer taking the newly added fonts.

Signblazer is an unlimited trial now.  It has been for quite sometime.  It cannot upgrade. There is not any support for it.  The owner passed away, years back. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Signblazer is an unlimited trial now.  It has been for quite sometime.  It cannot upgrade. There is not any support for it.  The owner passed away, years back. 

I do understand that. I just dont understand why I cant add new fonts to signblazer all of a sudden. I have done it in the past.

No SBE download available - hosting suspended
FILE NO LONGER AVAILABLE __    signblazer_setup.exe  FILE NO LONGER AVAILABLE __ 

You might try to manually insert the fonts you want to use within the sbeFONTS folder (inside the sbKern sub-folder there) in the SignBlazerElements installed program folder.

How can i download signblazer? ive tried every link in your posts but end up in a broken redirect page. Do i need to change settings in my browser or something? I have a pcut ct630 and the original gigaware isnt compatible w my win10 and ive tried another free flexi download online and it lets me get as far as the set up wizard and vanishes. S.......O.......S!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, LEJENDSPOPPA said:

How can i download signblazer? ive tried every link in your posts but end up in a broken redirect page. Do i need to change settings in my browser or something? I have a pcut ct630 and the original gigaware isnt compatible w my win10 and ive tried another free flexi download online and it lets me get as far as the set up wizard and vanishes. S.......O.......S!!!!!!!

Right click on the link. Save file. Disable your Antivirus. Run executable file.

2 hours ago, LEJENDSPOPPA said:

No such thing as LEGAL Free Flexi software.  Legal Flexi sign software has a USB dongle hardware, that you put into the com port of your vinyl cutter. That USB dongle has the user ID and password, Only 1 created per licensed software.   Those FREE downloads are pirated/counterfeit.

One trick I learned early on with SBE, after I launch it, just right-click inside the toolbar and then drag in the icon button for WORKSPACE, so it's easily accessible all the time.

other then that with the right click and save link option suggested i got a error pop up stating no application associated with the following.

USC has recently updated it's site. There's a very good possibility that the directory that had the SBE file has not been restored. 

I just want to make sure that I'm getting this right - you have Sign Blazer, and it works, however you cannot see any new .ttf fonts that you're putting in the Font folder?

4 hours ago, haumana said:

USC has recently updated it's site. There's a very good possibility that the directory that had the SBE file has not been restored. 

I just want to make sure that I'm getting this right - you have Sign Blazer, and it works, however you cannot see any new .ttf fonts that you're putting in the Font folder?

yes that is correct

Roh-Roh.

nv5Py2h.gif

Apparently, USCutter has now discontinued hosting that file.

This could be the end of SignBlazer because nobody else is hosting that abandonware program.

17 hours ago, haumana said:

any idea? I'm stuck here.

Maybe I should start a new thread about this, but I just typed it out, so let's put it here, as tonight was the first I noticed that USCUTTER has now pulled the archive directory for SBE.

=======================

A Blue Saga

In the sad story you’re about to hear, about a death and an abandonment (and the lost forward development of SignBlazer), you need to know the name: Jerry Bonham.

Aye, mate, from the island nation Australia. Across the wide ocean Pacifica, lived a man whose impact on this world cannot be underestimated. With steadfast determination, Jerry opened a cutter pathway for all.

Literally. By coding. Knowing about Hewlett-Packard. Graphic Language. HPGL. He saw that.

Every cutter on today’s open market exists with that underlying computer code to instruct the machine which coordinates to hit. This has been the case since the late 1950’s

Nothing has changed. Vectors are vectors.

So, Jerry, knowing where his program could fit-in among the graphics giants of a massive industry, took it upon himself to develop a “dummies” version (quick-to-grasp) cutter-running application.
SIGN BLAZER ELEMENTS came about, and paired with cheaper Chinese imported machines – under $999 --  Jerry found that the USCutter company was willing to go along with him together for a real success.

Well, it took off to perfection, and what makes this story so sad, of course, is the passing-away of Jerry. All of a sudden, as his life ended, the company he headed now vanished, liquidated, no more availability for sale of a cancelled program. Registrations and support unavailable, as Jerry was gone.

Gone was the creator, the visionary. Off into the blue, across the ocean Pacifica, this saga would have ended there and then.

Except for one thing:

SignBlazer is just so terrific. Really. So good at what it was designed and tasked for (namely, powering up a cutting unit) that the old abandonware still was spread far & near, by internet file transfers across the board. Yes, the fact that SignBlazer was so functional made it quite useful to many. The cutters it drives simply WORK.

How do we retain this amazing product from Jerry’s heart? What’s the way to keep a good recollection of Jerry Bonham? How about perpetuating the archived directory download of the installer, please?

6 hours ago, troyr said:

any idea? I'm stuck here.

So there was a trick previously, and it might still work, but I can't be sure.

Since you already have the font installed, but it's not appearing, let's give this a shot...

Close SBE
Open up Fonts directory > Open the font you installed (double click)
Close the font
Open SBE, and see if it appears.

If that still doesn't work for you, and you still want to reinstall SBE, PM me your email address, and I will see if I can dropbox it for you.