JessicaP

How do I cut larger than my printer will print?

I have the SC2 36” and I want to cut a large image. How do I print an image that’s larger than what my printer will print(8”x11”)?  When I click print I get a message saying that there are areas outside the print boundary and it asks if I want to print anyway but then it still won’t print. Please help!!

Jessica, howdy.

Your SC2 machine is not a printer. Drop that word from your vocabulary.

The quick answer to cutting something bigger than 29" wide (the largest vinyl you'll use is 30" size) -- TILING.

@slice&dice  I know that my cutter is not a printer!    Lol  I am using the print and cut effect which requires me to PRINT the image through my printer first before loading it into my cutter to get the marks. Then I add the vinyl and cut. But my printer will not print larger than 8” x 11” and the image I’m trying to cut is larger. Trust me when I say I wish the printer wasn’t involved at all!!  It would be great if I could send the image to my printer to print in tiles then I could tape them together and put through the cutter to get the marks but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that or if it’s possible. I watched a tiling video but I don’t want my image cut into pieces and I have the 36” model with long rolls of vinyl so I should be able to cut pretty large images. I just need to figure out the printing part which is not on my cutter but rather a separate machine. I was told in another forum that I’d need a poster printer. Ugh

Why not send your print out to get printed with the registration marks, so that you could cut it?  Is it cost effective? 

• Like 1

This is gonna be a tough thread.

Jessica, you are asking a question that really makes no sense to us.

We cut vinyl with the cutters. We obtain the vinyl from rolls. We create the graphics from scratch.

Let's start again.  What is your image?

Why can't you put a pen in your SC2 and hit the cut button?

How big is the image you want printed/cut out?

If I read right, you load the paper to read  registration marks, then remove the paper and load vinyl? If that is what you’re doing I think you are confused about something and making the process harder than necessary. 

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I mean don’t worry about trying to tell us how you’re doing it, tell use what the final project is?

• Like 2