Bunky67

Older Roland and Windows 10?

I have an old Roland PNC1050 I have been using on an old XP machine with Corel draw X6.  The computer is getting tired so I wanted to buy a newer machine with Windows 10 and Currently have Corel Draw 17.   I can't get the Windows 10 to install the XP driver's

Is there a plug in or something I can do to get windows 10 to recognize this plotter?

Personally, I stay away from the newer machines with Windows 10, .  I still purchase XP machines, They are very stable and cheap.  I am still running my Graphtec on an XP laptop and I have XP laptop back up computers.   You do not need a new computer to run a vinyl cutter. You want to leave a cutter on a dedicated computer. I found this online,  Might work, might not

You can install XP drivers on 10, but it requires a little bit of work..

Right-click on the driver file.

Click on Troubleshoot compatibility.

Click on Troubleshoot program.

Check the box that says The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now.

Click on Next.

Click on Windows 7.

Click on Next.

Click on Test the program.

Windows 10 might ask you for permission to install. Allow the driver manufacturer to make changes to your PC. The driver will now install and your program will be ready for use following installation.

• Like 1

Computers do not 'recognize' plotters. They are not plug&play. Cutters do not 'install' like printers.

What (specifically) caused you to abandon a working and functioning setup? When you say the XP computer is getting 'tired' what does that mean?

• Like 1

Well the machine was just old and I wasn't sure Corel draw 2017 would work and the xp machine wasn't starting properly some times

Hmmm, I have not shut down my computer in several years. I just let it sleep, and then pop open the cover.

Anyway, best of luck. Put SIGNBLAZER on the new machine, it has your driver.

I have SB on Win10 machine and running a Roland GX-24 with a serial cable via a serial port.The GX-24 has a USB port which I would like to use.I cant find a USB port on the setup menu.Can anyone help me,pleease.Thanks

Thanks people,my plan is to move the plotter to a another machine that will not have a serial port or maybe use temporarly with a laptop.

When you have another machine hooked up, get back to us if it isn't working right.

You are asking a theoretical, which for real-life real time troubleshooting, is not something we dabble in.

Yusha!!   Welcome back, whazzup?

How's things going with your cutter/new computer?

SignBlazer will access fonts from your Windows System (fonts) folder and also has its own 200 installed fonts, right there in the Program FIles x86/SignBlazerElements/sbfonts  --  located on your C: drive.

By the way, here's a hint for ya.
All working files are stored within the 'SBD' folder at the top-level of the C: drive, and it's worthwhile to produce a shortcut to that and have it appear on your desktop. Makes for easier access and allows you to organize files within that folder. I don't just leave them all "loose" in the folder, but rather, create sub-folders within the SBD main archive --------  for instance: "Jobs Finished" (with sub-folders by date)  "Jobs Cutting" (stuff that's currently underway into my cutting queue)   "Jobs Proposed"  (waiting on approval, or still in design phase)   Jobs Rejected  (yeah, it happens sometimes, a job will go south, customer flakes, etc.)  and I even have sub-folders for "Graphics" (vector conversions) and "Proofs" (Exported jpg's of the designs that I email to clients for approvals)