New Creations By Jen

Ce6000-60 Plus RANDOM Extra Cut Lines or diagonal scribbles all over job

I've searched and searched for many months. I've been through troubleshooting with Graphtec, bought the way too expensive "static fixer" and I still have the problem, RANDOMLY!! 

PLEASE HELP! I'm getting one of three things.

1. GREAT CUT, NO PROBLEMS
  2. Straight lines through the middle of my art (my files are clean, it's not that) usually going from an edge to the start of a part of the art.
  3. Diagonal lines all over the place, again connecting one part to another (first two pictures showing art at an angle)

SOFTWARE:
Using Illustrator 2020 - 24.3 (don't dare upgrade for fear of it not working again)
Cutting Master 4.3.70
Cut files are simple vectors always and I'm using Siser Easyweed or Siser Glitter. 
I've also tried bringing a file into Graphtec Studio and it's hit or miss as well. 

Adjusted knife, have reset to factory settings, restarted both machines, swapped out cords and usb ports. Keep the Graphtec off until I'm ready to use it. Sometimes it cuts just fine, other times it doesn't, many times in the same morning or afternoon. Don't have the money to upgrade right now. 

Photo Jan 06, 4 19 37 PM.jpg

IMG_0351.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

Photo Jan 06, 4 24 21 PM.jpg

Photo Jan 06, 4 23 50 PM.jpg

So how did you set your blade depth?  Do not use a credit card thickness or post it notes. They are wrong.  And is your vinyl laying flat, while it is cutting?   What happens using the pen tool?  Never have I ever had a problem with static on my Graphtec. in 12 years. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So how did you set your blade depth?  Do not use a credit card thickness or post it notes. They are wrong.  And is your vinyl laying flat, while it is cutting? 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

I meant to put in that that I did it how you recommended in one of the posts I was looking at before I did my own post. You have given a wealth of information but none of it has fixed my problem yet. 

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

What happens using the pen tool?   How long have you owned the cutter.  Is it new? 

Ya know...I only did the pen tool test directly from the machine. Let me try that now. 

I've owned it for a few years. The problem has been a fight probably for a year that just hasn't gotten resolved. Sometimes there is no problem...I haven't figured out any correlation yet. 

Slow the machine way down. Get down eye level and watch it cutting. Make sure the carriage head is lifting like it should. Make sure the carriage head is firmly down in the rail. Post a file that your cutting, as long as it is not copyrighted. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

What happens using the pen tool?   How long have you owned the cutter.  Is it new? 

SAME THING. I didn't change anything except for the pen and paper. I still used Condition 1 - Speed 30 Force 9. I'm going to also try it on the PEN setting but here's what I got. 

Photo Jan 06, 4 52 21 PM.jpg

Slow that thing down.  Are you going to a race?  No reason to run that fast.. Its just more wear and tear on your cutter.  Try it at  speed 5. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Slow the machine way down. Get down eye level and watch it cutting. Make sure the carriage head is lifting like it should. Make sure the carriage head is firmly down in the rail. Post a file that your cutting, as long as it is not copyrighted. 

How much should I slow it down? I'm going to test the pen in the regular default pen settings.

Talk-Aran-Rhiod.pdf

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Slow that thing down.  Are you going to a race?  No reason to run that fast.. Its just more wear and tear on your cutter.  Try it at  speed 5. 

HAHAHAHA. I just had it at the standard it's always been at. 

try a different cutting software.  There are trials of Vinyl Master.   Signcut,  You could try Signblazer...   If you had the cutter a couple years.  Didn't you get Graphtec Pro Studio with it. If your on Windows. 

• Like 1

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

try a different cutting software.  There are trials of Vinyl Master.   Signcut,  You could try Signblazer...   If you had the cutter a couple years.  Didn't you get Graphtec Pro Studio with it. If your on Windows. 

Yes, I've done this in Graphtec Pro Studio and the same problems. I'll try Vinyl Master...

Why save them as a .pdf?  Why not just save as an .ai file?     I use.ai  and .eps files  and I never get this coming up when I import files..   It comes up on both of my versions of Flexi  Flexidesigner10 and Flexistarter8.6.  When I exported your file pdf,  as an.eps and imported back into my software.  I didn't get that coming up. 

Gradients.JPG

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Why save them as a .pdf?  Why not just save as an .ai file?     I use.ai  and .eps files  and I never get this coming up when I import files..   It comes up on both of my versions of Flexi  Flexidesigner10 and Flexistarter8.6.  When I exported your file pdf,  as a.eps and imported back into my software.  I didn't get that coming up. 

Gradients.JPG

I've been using Illustrator for about 20 years and I've always saved as PDFs so I'm not saving as AI and PDFs. It's a habit. There aren't any gradients at all. 

I'm downloading the VinylMaster Demo but I resent your EPS to the cutter with all the exact same specs and it cut fine. Like I've said, it's random. 

Say you go into the Graphic requests section in here and import a few .eps files.  See if those do it.  

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Say you go into the Graphic requests section in here and import a few .eps files.  See if those do it.  

I'll try that. It's not the file I know that because it's random. It could be just a text or a few shapes. I just tried your EPS again and it cut it no problem. I'm just beyond irritated. Just tried the file in VinylMaster and it will only cut a DEMO file even though I have my file open and loaded...Not really a true Demo but that's not your fault.