Sign in to follow this  
designingdirty

Titan 3 ARMS BARCODE WORKS, BUT WAIT.

Yes please help. 

Yes, so the barcode in vinyl master for the Titan 3 does work. My issue is it doesn't always. Every time it will read the barcode and identify the cut job, but it just can't read all the marks. So I might get 3 out of 4 marks, or halfway through a 70'' cut and it just doesn't read a mark. So I try again and it reads everything just fine and cuts as good as a freaking graphtec. Sometimes it takes one retry or 3 days of retrying. Print a file and cut it. Then repeat but it won't read the other marks this time. It reads the barcode, but not the corner mark. Sometimes just turning the print around and trying from the other end gets it, but not always. I have played with the built in sensitivity and many other things. I can't get this thing to just work. Now, sometimes I can reprint the same file on the same media/laminate and it will read it just fine. You can measure out everything and they are identical. This machine just has a mind of its own on when it wants to work.

IMO if you are doing advanced work like that (using barcodes and all) you should be running a name brand machine. The titan 3 is a fine blend of affordable servo motors at low pricing but you have to remember that all the components are made in China and are basically a knock off of the real deal. Summa, Roland, Graphtec are a few of the top rated contour cutters and there really is a reason why they cost more; software and quality of objective lenses would be a huge one. If you do mostly basic cutting without the optical eye I think they have good results but using them in a commercial level print and cut situation is probably a stretch as you have found. I have always heard the Roland cutters do really good reading contour marks and the Summa cutters are industry leaders in the contour cutting market. I have heard the Graphtec cutters sometimes struggle reading laminated marks but have never owned one. Not what you want to hear but I don't think pulling punches helps anyone in the long run.