HusbandOfCircutWife

HELP! Looking for a book for my wife

Hey there,

Please forgive me if my terminology isn't correct.  A while ago my wife bought a circut explore air 2(i'm pretty sure) and she really wants to learn how to use it.  What is a good book for beginners that I could get off amazon for her?  Something that has good visual for a beginner/intermediate user.  I know nothing about it just what she tells me lol.  It uses design space, correct? 

Thanks for any help!

Possibly go to the Cricut forum and ask. Most people here use full size vinyl cutters, not hobby cutters like a Cricut. Plus it should have a user manual, with it as well as the software user manual. Watch videos on youtube. Search online for tutorials. Most everything is online. 

• Like 1

I find the best way to learn something like this is to just start playing with it and then google how to do something when I hit a road block. Just can't be afraid to try stuff. There's not much you can do wrong to damage anything.

• Like 2

The machine itself isn't where she needs to focus attention ---  the design software is.

DesignSpace has tutorials -- https://learn.cricut.com/design-space/overview

Beyond that, she needs to work on developing her own .svg files and potentially having to work within a more robust application like INKSCAPE to really get a feel of vector graphics (IMPORT the resulting .svg into DS)

YouTube. I had a relative buy one a little while ago, and it's kind of crazy the amount of stuff she can do with it after watching YouTube videos.