Chris81

Getting a clean cut for photo magnet

Hello,

I have not been able to find a good printable photo magnet that gives good quality and printing. So I am using an adhesive magnet sheet and then a Canon pro luster photo paper glued to that.

I am using a Prism Cut machine and trying to cut these magnets, however, no matter what I try I can't seem to get a clean cut. I've tried each degree blade, all sorts of pressures and speeds. But what's happening is it sort of crinkles the paper, I believe because the blade has to get deep enough to cut through the magnet. I have attached a picture of what it looks like.

Any suggestions on how I can get a good clean cut? I'm not opposed to buying a new machine, blade, trying other photo paper, etc.

Thanks!

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

I'd like to re-visit this topic, if I may.

I also have a Prismcut 28 and had been wondering about cutting magnetic mat material but had just decided best not try. Now my curiosity is sincerely piqued.

Did you ever get this to work successfully? Should our cutter be used to cut this material? If so, please share any knowledge you'd be willing to as to how you accomplished it.

Thank you!