Stevem9

follow path

Trying to make a vinyl template for a cribbage board and haven't been able to figure out how to make the dot follow the curves, i cant just order one because i need it to fit a certain size, 9.75" x 4.75"

looking to do something like this:

Free cribbage board templates | Cribbage Corner | Cribbage board template, Cribbage  board, Cribbage

Do you mean that you're trying to rotate the cross hairs? Sorry, I don't play cribbage and haven't seen a real cribbage board in decades.

Me either,  lol. my girlfriend is making Christmas gifts for some family members. All Im looking for is the dots, the lines are easy because I just use the duplicate tool, but haven't figured how to make the dots around the curve parts using scal3

not quite getting the gist of what you're trying to do, with exception to needing holes for a cribbage template. will this work for you?

Cribbage-Board.eps

I'm not sure in SCALP but in Inkscape you can select an object, then select the point you want it to rotate around. So for this case, you'll have to do the math to figure out the angles, but once that's done, select the 3 circles at the top of the column, set the rotation point the middle circle of the middle column then enter the amount you want to rotate it. Duplicate and repeat till you complete the half circle.

If you can't figure out how to move the rotation point, or can't get the rotation point at the exact spot you need, select all 3 circles of both the left and the right column, duplicate and rotate the necessary angle, repeat till you have a full circle then just delete the ones you don't need.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, haumana said:

not quite getting the gist of what you're trying to do, with exception to needing holes for a cribbage template. will this work for you?

Cribbage-Board.eps

Oh wow, thats perfect except I need 3 rows of the dots like in the picture above. was that hard to do? I was trying to figure it out.

thank you so much for your assistance

2 hours ago, Stevem9 said:

Oh wow, thats perfect except I need 3 rows of the dots like in the picture above. was that hard to do? I was trying to figure it out.

thank you so much for your assistance

Will a 4-row work? If not, you can erase one of the rows.

cribbage 4-row.eps