Lucas Frazier

Titan Cutter stops moving vinyl through.

When I have a design in the software and go do a area test or a cut, the vinyl completely stops moving through. It makes a loud noise and the rollers stop moving the vinyl. I can pull the vinyl through and can feel the "stopping point", but I don't want to ruin the machine by doing so. 

If anyone could tell my what is happening It would be greatly appreciated.

(I attached a video so hopefully it explains it a little better than my wording). 

Thanks so much, Lucas.

I didn't hear any noise, to me it just looks like the vinyl fed back too far and slipped out from under the pinch rollers. Did you reset the origin prior to doing the test?

• Like 1

Are you trying to feed/pull the vinyl from the roll? Don't.
Pre-feed the length you need, and leave it hanging loose/unrolled.

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I didn't hear any noise, to me it just looks like the vinyl fed back too far and slipped out from under the pinch rollers. Did you reset the origin prior to doing the test?

It happens when I reset the system, and even after I reset the system. Why would the system stop halfway in-between like that?

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Are you trying to feed/pull the vinyl from the roll? Don't.
Pre-feed the length you need, and leave it hanging loose/unrolled.

I usually do leave some hanging off in the back so I'm not directly pulling from the roll. Either way the system still stops. 

You can give yourself a little more vinyl in front of the blade. Set the carriage location, and remember to reset your origin - then the cutter knows that's the starting point.

In your video, for whatever reason, maybe you didn't reset your origin, but your vinyl jogs backwards, and completely rolls out from under the pinch roller.

Make sure you have enough slack to do the entire job, and that the cutter never pulls the vinyl directly off the roll under tension. So if you're doing a 6-foot decal, make sure you pull at least 6-feet of slack off the roll before you start your job.

I too, didn't hear any strange noises in your video. I couldn't tell from your video, but does your cutter have a kill button on the inside of the cut window? it'll be a small button that the blade carriage might hit and it would cause the machine to simply stop. It's a safety measure to protect your machine.

You might want to put in an order for a replacement cutting strip, because if your machine continues to cut into the strip, it can possibly cause strange cut marks, like the cut being more perforated, etc.

• Like 1