bob-le-bob

Rectangle with rounded edges

This is driving me a little mad!

I've created a rectangle in illustrator with rounded edges, when I send it to cutting master 4 it shows with square edges.  A bit of digging later and I found a suggestion to expand the shape appearance.  I now have the CM4 wanting to cut the round edged rectangle and the square edged one on top of each other.  

I'm pretty sure I'm not asking for anything too complex and theres a very simple solution...

Help :)

So I'm trying to understand your question. Are you saying that you HAVE the rounded rectangle (previously created) and want to ADD a second one without rounded corners and then cut them both? Do you want to cut them at the same time or separately? If at the same time are you wanting a "compound shape" with the inside one being a hole in the outside one? Or two separate colors and therefore two cuts? Maybe a screenshot of what you are working on would help to understand what you are dealing with. 

If you're ever unsure about how an object will actually cut, view it in wireframe mode and you'll see what the cutter sees. Just because something looks good on screen doesn't mean it'll cut that way.

• Like 2