Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Sturdier Skeeter said of the fc series :O

sturdier isn't the word for it  =  took 3 people to get the main box off our truck and the stand box alone was as heavy as a ce series plotter - - - we got it to the basement and inventoried parts = assembly will happen over the next few days.  but had to comment on what a dang beast it is just getting it in the house already.   I knew when my daughter on one end of the moving strap turned red and she works as an rn in a nursing home lifting people that this was going to be different than the other plotters.  High hopes and fingers crossed 

Skeeter you crack me up with the sturdier and more rugged - could have used a forklift lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is that a 30"?  A 30" only weighs 108 pounds total. And that is between 2 boxes.  No pallet needed.   Did they throw bricks in it or something?  LOL  When my FC8000 was delivered A FedEX Lady carried the boxes by herself to my house from the truck.  LOL  But YES they are well built. 

It's nice that they have wheels on them. :D  I hope you make a ton of money with it. 

I know that is what it said for the 30" but didn't realize part of the stand etc was in that box as there is never anything in a box with a plotter - that is one tough fed ex lady= mine came on a pallet 

My FC7000 30" just came in 2 boxes also.  No pallet.   Fed ex or UPS.   No part of the stands were with my cutters in the box. Stands had their own box.   The feet of that cutter looked longer. Maybe because of the way that the catch basket is connected. It could be still the same. 

• Like 1

I took,the catch basket off of the ce5000 long ago and never looked back.  Probably won’t install this one but see what you was talking about it being different.  I think this one tucks closer when not wed from the pictures

figured my back was fubar already and have to take meds for a few days so had stacey help me put it on the stand and I can fiddle with the little stuff tomorrow if I can move.  first plotter I felt I needed to put the screws in the stand one - - - of course most I ever paid for a plotter so . . . .  

You wasn't kidding about tall - and I like the power button up front.  as much as it weighs I think this one will be down there a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Is that a 30"?  A 30" only weighs 108 pounds total. And that is between 2 boxes.  No pallet needed.   Did they throw bricks in it or something?  LOL  When my FC8000 was delivered A FedEX Lady carried the boxes by herself to my house from the truck.  LOL  But YES they are well built. 

It's nice that they have wheels on them. :D  I hope you make a ton of money with it. 

157 lbs between the boxes and that seems a little light and 40lb s for the light pallet - 197 shipping weight 

• Haha 1

I like them being tall, you don't have to bend over at all working with it.  And very nice sturdy rollers to hold the vinyl rolls. There is a reason they are a bit more expensive, they are built great. 

• Like 1

still a little under the weather but did a few cuts today and I thought I was in love with the ce series,  now I am spoiled for life.  Skeeter you was right and not the crazy graphtec lady with the fc . . . it's unbelievable.

I'm sure it is several steps up from the older FC units that you used to have also.  You will not want to go back to a CE again.  It's hard to get someone to spend that kind of money, But I have never had to upgrade or repair mine since 2008.  Also nice to  have a taller cutter.   I did buy the FC8000-75 a couple years ago, just because I couldn't let that cutter slip by for $1000 free ship. Congrats!!:D

• Like 1

did you put your catch basket on - I took the one off my ce5000 years ago as it was in the way but with this one folding thinking about it.

Yes,  That was one thing that I really wanted, I put it on back in 2008.   The boxed shaped rods with the material, slide  in front and back,.   If I remember, yours you could not. You made it.   I make long decals, so I really like it. 

• Like 1

being the one from the 5000 doesn't fit the 6000 etc I am going to list it as soon as I find a box and can calculate shipping