badun

Trouble with contour cutting

I can't get contour cutting to work with my P20.  So far I have:

• Calibrated it.  The red x aligns perfectly with the printed crosshairs.
  • Printed the test page with VinylMaster.
  • Aligned the blade with the very outside edge of the registration mark.
  • I try to cut it and the head wanders off a bit, the LED turns red, and the machine beeps at me.
  • I've also aligned the blade with the inside edge of the registration mark.  Same result.
  • I used a different image.  Same result.
  • I tried using the pen.  Same result.
  • I used the camera through the menu and made sure the reg mark was visible.  Same result.

I've been trying this all afternoon and I am a bit frustrated now!  I watched PM-Performance's video but it appears his cutter was plug and chug and he didn't need to screw around with calibration.

Yea, I didnt touch anything with calibration. 

Are you using any kind of offset on the image for cutting? Or cutting straight up to the image when you did the contour cut?

I have found when the head wanders off and beeps and goes red, it has to do with being outside the cuttable area. I think it was placement at the far left when it happened to me. If you get too close to the ends depending on the placement of your cut, the head will notice it cannot go to that edge and error out. I could be completely wrong, but I have had that happen already with regular cutting

oops, I missed this response. :o  I don't know what went wrong the first time I tried but it is working well now.  Maybe there was something wonky about the original image or I missed a step in the creation of the contour cut or calibration.  Regardless, works like a charm with a different image.  Thanks!

• Like 1