kainth.c.s

MAINTENANCE MANUAL REQD

Hi Everyone

Any chance any one got any Maintenance manual or instructions for the minor maintenance of Creation PCUT CT630 (Red and Black Machine)? I was after some instructions or write up for doing minor oiling of the pulleys, bearings and recalibratioon of the machine.

Any help is appreciated

I have never heard of doing "minor maintenance" on these cutters. The only oil I have to use is sewing-machine oil (2 drops every six months or so) into the bearing hole of the free-spinning blade.

Are you having issues that indicate pulleys, bearings are failing? Stuck?

What is a 'recalibration' of the machine? What are you trying to calibrate?

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, slice&dice said:

I have never heard of doing "minor maintenance" on these cutters. The only oil I have to use is sewing-machine oil (2 drops every six months or so) into the bearing hole of the free-spinning blade.

Are you having issues that indicate pulleys, bearings are failing? Stuck?

What is a 'recalibration' of the machine? What are you trying to calibrate?

Hi

This machine is being looked after but in due course of time, it has started to miss the start points, on either side of the finishing line. I mean, ssometime it completes the rectangle, sometimes, it overshoots and sometiomes, it doesn't complete the cut. The picture attached may explain better.

Regarding recalibration, I was thinking about may be we can check whether the machine make the exact measured moves in X and Y axis. Pardon me if I am wrong, but being from the line of CNC machines and metal manufacturing, we people have been recalibrating the machines periodically as it resets the positioning errors to zero.These are mainly the leadscrews, belts and pulleys which need the recalibration. I checked the bearing of the blade holder and I can make the cutter swivel freely into the bearing,

No the machine never got stuck since I changed the connector cable from USB to RS232 (9 pin port) but that was about 3 years ago. The machine has been working fine since then.

I do have that general purpose oil which I use once in five to six months to lubricate the bearing. The blade holder is about a year old and it has been used to cut Polymeric Calendered Vinyl (Sign grade, 70 micron film) on one or two times a week, but there have been times when I have operated it on a daily basis while working for large shopfront signage.

While on board I also have a another query:

1. I purchased some blade holders from Ebay which are of the same size as the standard Pcut blade holder (Dia 11.5 mm) but Length 27.5 mm instead of 28 mm for a standard PCUT Blade holder. Will this 0.5 mm difference in thickness (Below the resting flange) make any difference? The plus point is, with this holder, I can use a 2 mm Blade in the cutter.Will it help if I keep the blade a little bit more out?

IMG_20201009_092241.jpg

IMG_20201009_093542.jpg

I would look for slack in the belts, loose knurled rollers or looseness in the carriage. if you haven't tried a new blade holder start there before moving forward 

It is possible it might be time to move up one notch and get a slightly better plotter - I moved up every year or two until I got a graphtec and now seem to replace with new every 3 years or there abouts

• Like 1

with the slightly shorter blade holder if you follow Skeeter's blade depth setting instructions you should be fine but only want to know for sure is to give it a try. You won't hurt anything.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:41 AM, darcshadow said:

with the slightly shorter blade holder if you follow Skeeter's blade depth setting instructions you should be fine but only want to know for sure is to give it a try. You won't hurt anything.

Can I get to know the instructions here on how to set the blade depth for slightly short blade holder?

4 hours ago, kainth.c.s said:

Can I get to know the instructions here on how to set the blade depth for slightly short blade holder?

Skeeter's instructions:

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 1