midwestmomm

how to crop space above and below so design will fit on vinyl

Hello this font has so much extra space above and below it that my design isn't fitting on the vinyl.  Any idea how I can cut this design with the box around it?  I would appreciate it so much!!

image.thumb.png.d1ff7a1ddcc86e1e9d61c7db1d504f42.png

image.thumb.png.94820de28da236868721756745fa2a11.png

image.png

I don't know what you are doing, but there is no space around that font. I downloaded the font.  Here is the pic in my software.  Can you even put it on wireframe? 

athalia.JPG

You have some stray nodes or something. Look at your design in wire frame, and/or node edit mode to find the stray nodes.

if you still can't find the node, draw a box around what you want to keep then select all and from the welding tools menu select Intersect. That should delete anything not inside the box you just drew.

• Like 1

script = weld.

Don't forget to weld any kind of text where the kerning is tight enough that the letters overlap one another.

So are you trying to just cut a box around your text so you can weed it easily, or are you looking to put a border around your text?

Since you have multiple lines of text, I would also put a box around each line of text for easier weeding.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:28 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

I don't know what you are doing, but there is no space around that font. I downloaded the font.  Here is the pic in my software.  Can you even put it on wireframe? 

athalia.JPG

What is wireframe?

On 10/3/2020 at 1:39 PM, darcshadow said:

You have some stray nodes or something. Look at your design in wire frame, and/or node edit mode to find the stray nodes.

if you still can't find the node, draw a box around what you want to keep then select all and from the welding tools menu select Intersect. That should delete anything not inside the box you just drew.

I'm not sure what wireframe is???

On 10/3/2020 at 9:16 PM, haumana said:

script = weld.

Don't forget to weld any kind of text where the kerning is tight enough that the letters overlap one another.

So are you trying to just cut a box around your text so you can weed it easily, or are you looking to put a border around your text?

Since you have multiple lines of text, I would also put a box around each line of text for easier weeding.

The box is so that I don't have to measure when I put the stencil on my board.  That way the stencil is the exact size as the board.  My problem is just that it won't fit because of the big extra space above and below the script .

On 10/3/2020 at 1:39 PM, darcshadow said:

I have a box around the what I want to keep.  When I click Select All I get the bigger box , like my picture above on the right.  I'll try to send another picture

7 minutes ago, midwestmomm said:

The box is so that I don't have to measure when I put the stencil on my board.  That way the stencil is the exact size as the board.  My problem is just that it won't fit because of the big extra space above and below the script .

wireframe is showing the outlines.  Showing the nodes. Your vinyl cutter cuts outlines.   At the top of the layout screen choose> View> Dropdown box shows up, choose wireframe. Or wireframe modes.  You want to look at the outline of the text, and make sure there is nothing else outside the outlines of the text. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

wireframe is showing the outlines.  Showing the nodes. Your vinyl cutter cuts outlines.   At the top of the layout screen choose> View> Dropdown box shows up, choose wireframe. Or wireframe modes.

1640867286_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.f0ba0fccab8a94875b17d208cf26f598.pngOk i clicked on wireframe, here is what i see when i click on the font

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

wireframe is showing the outlines.  Showing the nodes. Your vinyl cutter cuts outlines.   At the top of the layout screen choose> View> Dropdown box shows up, choose wireframe. Or wireframe modes.

Here is what I get when I try to cut it1530036281_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.017eb3f622c3da99f4289e0f1ee68458.png

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

The Bottom text doesn't look like it is on wire frame.  It looks like solid text. And your screen shots are pretty small. 

I'm sorry , I don't know how to screenshot just the one screen.

The bottom two text lines are showing as outlines now.

Screenshot (4).png

The black line between h and e  in"the" ismy cursor.  instead of it being only about 12 inches like the script is, it's 22 inches.  so it won't fit on my 24" vinyl/cutter

I appreciate everyone taking the time try and help me so much!!  It took this client two weeks to choose this font for her sign.  It's a new one that I've obviously not had to cut this big before.  And now I can't get it to fit.  

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Take your select tool and only select around the text.   Why are you picking up all of that extra space? 

That's what I can't figure out, why all the extra space

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.