ZakMc

Can I use a LP2 blade holder/blades for LP1?

I purchased a LP1 online with the understanding it was a LP2.... when I got it home to setup it had no Blade holder or blades... can I use the blade holders/blades from a LP2? If not where could I get these as it turns up nothing, or I could be searching wrong...

Thanks for any info....

The LP1 was made by Creation.     The others were made by Liyu.    I would be looking for a blade holder for a Creation Pcut. That is what LP1 is. The vinyl cutter is, a Creation Pcut with a laser on it.   It uses Roland style blades. 

MZ,

Thanks so much.... I think i found something on ebay holder wise... but for blades I can use any Roland style (at least compared to the LP2)....

Your welcome.  I can see ads on Ebay for holders plus the blades for a Creation Pcut.  At least they would match.  You can search blades for Creation Pcut. Looks like many are from China.

I have not, but that it only because I have not needed another blade holder. I pretty much only cut 651, so different blade holders for different media wasn't necessary for me.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, haumana said:

I have not, but that it only because I have not needed another blade holder. I pretty much only cut 651, so different blade holders for different media wasn't necessary for me.

Good luck.

This is a great start.... thanks so much for getting me in the right direction!

• Like 1

Thank you again @haumana for the holder suggestion. The blade holder worked perfectly.... Just one more question if I may..... not sure where to set the vinyl exactly on the machine, I'm using sure cuts a lot and it seems to start in the middle and does not display on the cut screen properly either, and unfortunately with this machine being so old, finding setup references are scarce.... I'm used to the silhouette and obviously is a different ball game...

• Like 1

You need to manually set the (starting) point of origin. To do so, using the control panel on the machine, take the machine offline, and then use the arrows to move the blade to the right side of the vinyl. Then hit the Set button, and that should resent your (starting) point of origin.

I'm not sure what the SCAL cutting software looks like, but you should be able to place your text/design close the the X, Y - there maybe settings in the software that you also need to tweak, so that it uses the point of origin as you designated on the machine.