Junior

CAN NOT GET TO VECTORIZE

I HAVE A MANAGER THAT WANTS ME TO DO SOME BEER MUGS I HAVE TRIED TAKING THE LOGO AND TO VECTOR IT AS IT SHOWS UP BLANK IN MY VINYL MASTER VECTORIZE AS I AM LOST IF SOME ONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE THANKS  Well it will not show up here also.  I am posting the link it is HAMS AMERICAN BAR & GRILL https://www.hamsamericanbargrille.com/

static1.squarespace.com.png

SHOUTY caps off please.

If your boss has access to the original clipart, I'd go that route, because the logo on the website you sent probably won't be a good enough resolution to be vectorized well.

Get to learn Inkscape, it's an open source application that has a decent vectorizing engine.

Get the logo, convert it to black and white, then try to vectorize it.

If I may ask, are you creating a mask for it to be sandblasted on to glass, or were you going to just apply vinyl to glasses?

I'm going to do you a solid and do a basic vectorization, but still encourage you learn how to do it successfully on your own. Any imperfections and clean up is something that you will need to do it on your own.

If you want to know how I got from point A to point B -

1. Grab the best logo image there was on the website, which was at the bottom of the site
2. Converted it to black (instead of white)
3. drag and dropped it into Inkscape and vectorized it
4. Saved it as an .eps file

HAMS logo.eps

• Like 1

Hi there again Haumana. I am going to sandblast it onto a beer mug.

I have tried several times with Inkscape and i am doing some thing wrong I took your earlier post on how to work Inkscape and i get most of it then the last 3 steps i can not get. I guess i am trying to hard I will try Sunday Sept 13 2020 as i am off and free to take my time slower

If you got to the part of tracing the bitmap, then the only that might not be working, it to separate the vector image from the raster image. You can recolor one, then just slide it off. Make sure you look at the bottom, so you know which on with the vector (path), and which one is the raster (image). Then just delete the image, and do a save as.

Inkscape vectorizes best when it's in black and white.

Let us know how it goes, and make sure you show us your handy work!

• Like 1

I don't know why but the image you posted, while it doesn't show up in the reading view, if you click on it, it does actually open. The distressed look is not going to be easy to recreate at the size needed for a mug, I'd suggest not even trying, just do the font without the distress. The steps to auto trace this in inkscape are as follows;

1 - open png image in inkscape

2 - In Inkscape, select image, then click Path->Trace Bitmap

3 - the default settings should work well enough for this image.

A few notes, outside of the diamonds this is all text and would be best to recreate it rather than trace. The diamonds are just straight lines so I'd redraw those rather than trace. If you do go the auto trace route, the white of the logo goes out to the very edge of the image, that'll cause some issues when autotracing. Edit the png image first to add a bit more black around the edge so that the white doesn't touch the edge.

• Like 1

Haumana and Darcshadow thank you both for the great awesome help I did get INkscape to work finally. Thank you so very much. Also Haumana and Darcshadow thank you for the vector thank you so very very very much thank you

I have been playing around with Inkscape and wow so interesting i am learning more and more

• Like 2