Sign in to follow this  
jimmylazers

Prismcut P28 beginner issues.

Hi, 

I'm new to all this, I have made the leap and bought the Prismcut P28.  I finally got round to firing it up today.  

I removed the zip ties, and plugged in the power cord. When I hit the power button for the first time, the blade carrier sent itself to the right (I didn't install the blade yet?), and the screen came on but is totally blank? The pink LEDs also came on.   If I hit the power button again, it beeps a me, but doesn't turn it off, I have to pull the cord.  I've tired power cycling it a few times, but it doesn't make a difference, the screen always comes on blank.

Tapping around the touchscreen, there is a spot in the middle towards the top edge that makes the blade carrier do a little dance, like I am activating some function I can't see, maybe because the touchscreen is bad?

Have I got a bad unit, or did I miss something?

Call USCutter Tech Support on Monday.

Nothing we can do, if it doesn't start-up then you're stuck with an expensive brick.

Pack it all into the box, get ready to spend money next week on return-shipping.

8 hours ago, jimmylazers said:

Hi, 

I'm new to all this, I have made the leap and bought the Prismcut P28.  I finally got round to firing it up today.  

I removed the zip ties, and plugged in the power cord. When I hit the power button for the first time, the blade carrier sent itself to the right (I didn't install the blade yet?), and the screen came on but is totally blank? The pink LEDs also came on.   If I hit the power button again, it beeps a me, but doesn't turn it off, I have to pull the cord.  I've tired power cycling it a few times, but it doesn't make a difference, the screen always comes on blank.

Tapping around the touchscreen, there is a spot in the middle towards the top edge that makes the blade carrier do a little dance, like I am activating some function I can't see, maybe because the touchscreen is bad?

Have I got a bad unit, or did I miss something?

definitely going to require a call to support - the prismcut is so new none of us have any experience with it or troubleshooting it. 

This was resolved, I live near the seattle store, returned the unit and picked up a Roland GS24 instead, all happened really quickly and efficiently. Uscutter were great.

I think the issue was maybe just a defective display.

• Like 2

Yeah.  I have run into a massive problem straight away where the plugin that runs the Roland cutter from illustrator is just not installing for a variety of frustrating Adobe based reasons, that are too numerous to list.

3 minutes ago, jimmylazers said:

Yeah.  I have run into a massive problem straight away where the plugin that runs the Roland cutter from illustrator is just not installing for a variety of frustrating Adobe based reasons, that are too numerous to list.

You wouldn’t happen to be using a suture too version of adobe products would you? 

Jimmy, You can run that cutter effortlessly with SignBlazer, take your .eps designs from Illy, export them as v.8 or earlier, and SBE will handle them.