Jlynch080

Help with contour cutting and registration marks

Ok so could really use some help with my Roland gs-24 cutter. I know how to use the cutter for decals and or shirts but never learned the whole registration mark thing. I called us cutter (where I purchased the cutter) and they didn’t seem very knowledgeable and sent me links to videos not only extremely old but not very specific to what I was trying to learn.. I’ve searched and searched and haven’t been able to figure out step by step the process as far as making an image with crop marks and after having it printed steps to make my cutter read those marks and then cut.. any videos tips or anything would be extremely helpful.. (you would think when you spend $2000 on a cutter they would make sure you know how to use all the features but guess I was wrong lol)

In my case I would add registration marks with my RIP software versaworks (only available for Roland printers) and after lamination select cut only on second pass thru that software which would then scan the registration marks.   Couldn’t have been easier than with a Roland as it uses big circles a and a small rectangle on one corner