sleeveofwizzard

How to save or convert .vdoc to .pdf

Hello hello.

I am having a local vinyl shop do some work for me because I am backed up. He says he can only work with .PDF files. I use VinylMaster PRO 4.2 and have saved and exported my file in every format available on the list but he said he can not open any of the files.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to save or export in .PDF from VinylMaster. Or maybe someone can convert the file for me. I also have inscape but the guy said he couldn't open the files I saved from that program either. 

Thanks in advance,

Ted

If you have AI, you can try and import your file in .eps form, then export it to .pdf.

Dakota,

Thanks for the helpful poke in the brain. I left out the part where I exported the files to PDF and sent them. The vinyl guy said he couldn't open the files. I messed with it more now that I saw that you were able to save in PDF. I changed a few settings while saving and have resent the documents for trial. I will let you know the outcome.

Thank you,

Ted

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sleeveofwizzard said:

Dakota,

Thanks for the helpful poke in the brain. I left out the part where I exported the files to PDF and sent them. The vinyl guy said he couldn't open the files. I messed with it more now that I saw that you were able to save in PDF. I changed a few settings while saving and have resent the documents for trial. I will let you know the outcome.

Thank you,

Ted

When I was doing printing for everyone my software bill each year was nuts, always updating flexi,illy, Corel, etc.   

There is a feature in Windows (10 has it built-in, while 7 and earlier require a plug-in/add-on) that allows PrintToPDF which provides me with an option to "PRINT" (File Menu) .pdf and also save it as such.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

There is a feature in Windows (10 has it built-in, while 7 and earlier require a plug-in/add-on) that allows PrintToPDF which provides me with an option to "PRINT" (File Menu) .pdf and also save it as such.

Does that feature in 10 preserve the vector information?   Interesting 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.