Let me start by telling everyone my plans for this post. I work for a local union an if you don't know we have stickers. Plenty of stickers on our hard hats/ lunchboxes.  My plane was to buy a  decently priced printer print a few designs in need hopefully get bigger with it to fulfill more orders withing the local union trades. Most of the stickers on lunchboxes and on hard hats do fade with time working outside all the time or hats being tossed around so fading isn't much of an issue. I'm  fine with printing them laminating and sending it through the cutter. I don't see myself doing tons of batches all at once. Kind of if you need them I'll get them so I belive solvent based printers will be out because I won't be doing a 24/7 operation. More of a nightime/ weekend warrior side hustle kind of thing. Which printer would best fit my needs? I've been checking some Epson models out but figure this forum would steer me in the correct direction. Thank you for the advice

I think if you read thru the printer category, you will find your answers.  This has been asked and answered many, many times.

the link that skeeter provided has a lot of your answers - if you don't make enough to buy a solvent than latex may be your answer - you can get one and a laminator for around $10K   - remember with latex hp you will also need to have a dedicated 220v run for it and also for the hardhats use convex material and laminate.   with all that said the best way for someone doing short runs is to farm out the decals to someone with the right equipment.  as my wife is recently retired we sold our last solvent printer and now farm out the short runs we still do

• Like 1

Any recommendations for someplace that will do a half dozen or so stickers? Stickermule's min is 50.

check Neuromax - I have seen him do some small runs - not sure what his minimums are

8 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I want to get this made at about 18" wide.

Farm.pdf

Oh sorry, I was actually interested in what the OP needed.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, jmas said:

Oh sorry, I was actually interested in what the OP needed.

I should have been more clear, I couldn't do the one you want. I hope it didn't sound like I would do something for the OP but not you lol

• Haha 1