wildmanaaron

Troubleshooting P Cut CTO-630 Cutter - Flexi 8.6V2

I have had this cutter for a few years now. I have only used it for small, infrequent projects. I am not very skilled with the Flexi program at all. It has been in storage for awhile and I recently installed Flexi 8.6V2 SP1 back onto my laptop after it was updated to Windows 10 . I have tried using the USB cable to connect the cutter to my laptop but I can never get the cutter to start the project. Ive tried different COM ports (1-4) and deleted the existing JOBS that I had started with the other ports and it will still not cut my file. 

The cutter itself will plot in test mode but it will not cut any file that I send through the Production Manager screen. I have tried different Com Ports, re-installed the software, deleted the plotter device information and set it back up to no avail. 

Is there anyway to test that the plotter is actually getting  a signal from Flexi / Production Manager? 

You have to install the FTDI driver to create a com port number in your device manager of your computer. That is to make a USB connection. Those cutters do not have true USB. and it is not plug and play.  , Then match the com port number in Flexi to the comport number in your computer device manage, com port number below 4. You need to find the FTDI driver for Windows 10.(google is your friend)  You also have to go into Flexi Prodution manager and choose your vinyl cutter and set it up. 

• Like 1