Sign in to follow this  
ElohimCG

Repeat Customer for a reason...

I own a small family-owned graphic design company in North Carolina. I am on my 3rd cutter from US Cutter. This is not because they break easily but because my needs are growing along with my company so upgrading the cutter as the budget allows becomes necessary (we simply cannot afford a +$2k cutter out the gate). I started with a MH-871 and it still serves our needs today without a single hiccup reported. MY next cutter was a SC2 which kept things simple and afforded us to have a 2nd cutter to run larger die-cutting jobs.

Fast forward to today as I just received my new Titan3. We purchased this cutter because we needed contour cutting when using Siser EasySubli and other printable vinyl. The ARMS feature was a huge factor as well as having a quiet servo motor. While it's too premature to issue my reviews of the cutter itself, my experience buying this cutter confirmed to me that I am with the right company. I financed this cutter purposefully because the bank would not lend me $1200 (too small of an amount) and I wanted to establish an additional line of credit as a sole-proprietorship. I will have this cutter paid for within 2 months.

With that said, when I received correspondence from Karl Bowman, President of US Cutter about the status of my financed order, I was skeptical that the contact information provided was actually his information. When I realized that the day of my ship, that I had ordered VM Cut instead of SCAL, I tried calling Customer Service but was placed on hold for a prolonged period of time. As is customary of shipped software, you often cannot return it once it has shipped so it was imperative that I catch my shipment in time. I opted to call the contact info on my emails and was astonished that I actually got Mr. Bowman's direct number. When I explained my predicament, he was quick to fix it despite my order already shipping. It is a rarity to get the direct contact of the President as often advertised these days so this experience stood out as extraordinary to me.

When my cutter arrived, the UPS man left it in a secure location but the exterior box had extensive water damage. The interior packaging was bone dry and the cutter operates as expected. This concerned me in regards to my warranty so I contacted Mr. Bowman (There was no time to return the cutter as I have orders waiting on this cutter).  I now have an email stating that my damaged box will NOT void my warranty from the president of US Cutter as my CYA.

I am writing this because there are so many who come on this forum and trash talk US Cutter vinyl cutters or the bad customer service experience they had. I should add that I have a Graphtec CE5000-CRP-40 that I am selling because the contour cut feature was simply too difficult to get the cutter to cooperate but I have always had a great experience with US Cutter vinyl cutters. SO spend your money as you wish but as for me & my family, I will stick with US Cutter as a loyal customer. I have only ever had to call them 3 times in the past and each time was an additional confirmation as to why I faithfully choose US Cutter each & every time for my equipment needs. I get a quality cutter at a price that beats the competition when I can buy 2 of these Titans for the cost of 1 Graphtec or Roland. I'm not knocking Graphtec but I get faster ROI and lower TCO with US Cutter every time!!!

• Like 4