Sign in to follow this  
matt12

Vinyl Cutting Software Recommendations

Hello. I was using MH721 with VinylMaster Cut. I just ordered TITAN 2 because my MH721 was skipping lines and cutting weirdly even though I replaced cutting strip, cleaned the holder, got new blades, did several offset settings, and used overcut. I was wondering if I should keep using VinylMaster Cut with TITAN2 or get new software.

Thank you

if you don't like the VM software then look for something else. If you like it, then keep it.

I had Flexi, VM, Graphtec Studio, but my "go to" when I need to get something out quickly - Sign Blazer will be the answer for me. That's what I learned on, and that's what I can navigate the quickest.

I guess it really depends on what kind of use you need to get out of it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, matt12 said:

Hello. I was using MH721 with VinylMaster Cut. I just ordered TITAN 2 because my MH721 was skipping lines and cutting weirdly even though I replaced cutting strip, cleaned the holder, got new blades, did several offset settings, and used overcut. I was wondering if I should keep using VinylMaster Cut with TITAN2 or get new software.

Thank you

You mention a lot of things that you adjusted, but did you set your blade depth correctly? Too many incorrect instructions out there.. This is the correct way to set your blade depth and it applies to the Titan 2 also.  It applies to any vinyl cutter.   The blade depth has to be correct first, or the blade offset  and force will not be correct.  The Titan will come with software also. VinylMaster was made for professional sign makers. Maybe an upgrade to a higher version would work for you, if you are doing this as a business. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.

• Like 2

Bang for the buck VM is pretty hard to beat for an all in one design and cut program. The cut version you are using is the basic version without all that many bells and whistles. Price comparison to other design and cut programs and for the tools they offer VM Pro is a good price and capable of about anything you would want to do with a cutter. 

I use Adobe to design with and run on a mac platform for design. Consequently I don't use VM very often but have VM Pro and am slowly learning it when I have time (on a PC computer). From what I have experienced with it to date it is very capable and well thought out. I don't know how the cut version compares but I assume you are doing your design work in another program because the cut version does not appear to offer a lot of, what I consider necessary tools, to design. Cut DOES appear to have the basic tools needed to interface with your cutter and cut vinyl.  

• Like 1