Guest Med

Registration marks

Guest Med

Is there a way to change registration marks.?   A square would probably be easier.     Thanks

If you are talking about registration marks to align different color layers of a multi color cut vinyl project, yes. If you are talking about registration marks to be printed by a solvent/eco-solvent printer to be used by optical sensors then it's more complicated. 

If the first you can build your own marks and place them wherever you want. Once you have them where you want them you can copy and past another set right on top and change the color layer to match the other color(s) and they will appear as if by magic when you open that color in the cutter dialog. 

Please take a minute to join the forum. It will allow you unfettered access. Guest posts each have to be reviewed and approved by the mods and there aren't that many of us and we are volunteers who have our own lives going on and may not be particularly timely. 

Guest Med

Yes I am talking about a multi-layer vinyl cut. I found instructions how to change them but got as far as changing my shape to the registration color but it didn't seem to work after that.

I tried to join the form over a week ago. never received a confirmation email ..sent another email inquiring about it and never heard anything.

55 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Please take a minute to join the forum. It will allow you unfettered access. Guest posts each have to be reviewed and approved by the mods and there aren't that many of us and we are volunteers who have our own lives going on and may not be particularly timely. 

Draw out any object/shape you like and just set it to a Registration color from the right side toolbar and it will appear on every cut color.

Guest Med

I made a square, changed it to the registration color ...tried to cut with registration marks and got the four pointed Stars. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

If you make your own registration mark or marks you do not use the Registration Marks in Send to be Cut. When you send the artwork the registration mark or marks you made will appear on each color layer. You can then use these marks as a layout guide. 

For example, 3 circles with one square registration mark:

image.thumb.png.fb942cf8a588fd12a2abc2abfd81f69a.png

• Like 1

Guest Med

I understand now. Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to explain it to me. 

Med.

So basically NO, there is no way to change the default registration mark shape from the Star to anything else. There are a million responses as to how to create your own mark, but nothing suggesting how to CHANGE THE DEFAULT so that when you hit "Place Registration Mark" it adds a "square" instead of the Default STAR. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.