dvddvd

Using the eraser in Vinylmaster?

Hi how do you erase parts of a logo/image?

First I imported a jpeg logo/image into vinylmaster

I then select the eraser and it allows me to erase whatever areas I want removing, it shows the chequared background behind the erased bits?

Then when i vectorise it the erased parts come back and are vectorised in the vectorise window.

So i accepted the result and then tried to use the eraser on the vecorized logo/image and it does nothing?

So how can i erase parts of a logo/image ? Before or after vectorizing? Thanks

There is a tutorial for eraser right in the HELP menu at the top of your layout screen.   Keyword eraser.     You don't erase nodes from a vector design. .  You select and delete.  Node edit.   Your software has all kinds of great tutorials built right into it. HELP   Working with the Magic Brush & Eraser   node editing.   Most any graphics software anymore has the user manual in the HELP at the top of the screen. 

Its great the "help" button but i find that you start watching a video or reading up on it and then you look at your version and try to find the button or feature and its not on your version only the higher version!

At the bottom of each video it say

Please note: The tools/features listed here may only be available in VinylMaster LTR, PRO, DSR or XPT

which does not tell you a lot?

What i basically want to do is remove?erase areas from a raster image....The XPT version has a mask option but its another £450 to upgrade and i can not find the magic brush in the pro version?

If you're starting off with a raster image, it's usually best to do what you need to do while it's still in raster form. Vectorize it when you have your final design.

In raster, when you erase, you're erasing pixels, in vector, you would end up deleting nodes.

(Not being mean, just throwing the questions out there) Do you understand the differences between raster and vector images?

Vector programs do not edit raster files. Unless there is a really good one I don't know about.

You would need a raster program as far as photoshop or down to a basic windows program.

I know, don't help much.

Yes.

I can import a raster image into vinyl master and it allows me with the eraser tool to erase anything i want from the image.

I had a image and chopped half his head off, but when it i try to vectorise it the trace in the full image with the part ive erased?

I even saved it with the erased part, reopened it and it was still the same? thanks

And as I said, don't work. It is an illusion.

Probably just hiding it for no practical reason unless you are tracing it manually.

• Like 1

if you PS or FW, or even Canva to edit the raster first, then vector it.

Just had a play around with the demo version of the next version up vinyl master DSR.

That has a seperate mask module which includes the magic brush and eraser which is what im looking to do. The eraser just erases anything and the brush will erase around a object for removing the background

I have photoshop. It didnt seem to work as well? The normal eraser seemed better? I turned down the tolerence too

Depending on the quality and quantity of shades, I will typically use a combination of recoloring things, erasing (magic or manual), and sometime to pencil tool if I took too much off. Not matter what, I will always take the time to prep any graphic that I know is not going to vector well. That saves me loads of time and effort, because the alternative is to clean-up a bunch of nodes on the vector side.

I opened a support ticket with vinyl master and recieved this reply

After you apply the eraser, select the image go to the Images (menu) and click Convert to Bitmap and then trace that.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.