Bunky67

MH 871 with windows 10 ?

I have a MH-871 MK1 and i was using it with Corel Draw x6,  (yesI have cut straight from corel)  well I upgraded to Corel 2017 and haven't used my laptop to cut since,  ( I have a small roland tractor paper style I use on an old xp desktop) so the other night i wanted to cut a pattern out off the laptop and Corel Draw didn't show my cutter.   So I went in and I see the cutter under my USB devices and it appears to be working according to device manager.       

can someone tell me how to get this listed back under my printers or set up so my corel will recognize it again   

Pretty much the same question from 2018, you were advised to contact tech support in 2018. What did they tell you back then?  Most of us here use cutting software to cut with and not a design program to print with, for cutting. Such as Signblazer, Flexi, Vinyl Master, Scalp etc. 

Yes Skeeter it was was basically  the same issue,    this time i had to go in and set up printer manually    issue resolved 

It's not basically the same issue, isn't it exactly the same issue? Windows 10 not showing a cutter as a printing device?

Did you resolve the issue back in 2018, when you originally posted your question? If so, do share.

Does Win10 now allow the cutters to appear as a printer (or plotter)?

How a device shows up in device manager is entirely up to the driver for that device, the flavor of windows has nothing to do with it.

10 hours ago, darcshadow said:

How a device shows up in device manager is entirely up to the driver for that device, the flavor of windows has nothing to do with it.

yup, but is there a driver available that will have the MH show up as a printer/plotter?

highly doubt it, the MH uses a simple usb to serial chipset. I can't image anyone has taken the time to build a custom driver to make the comms look like a printer.