Npokraa

ROLAND DGI OMEGA OM-130 PROBLEM

Sorry if I misplaced the thread.

I have a DGI Omega OM-130, it has been working very well. The problem is, every once in a while, it stops during the cutting, more and more often. I am drawing in CorelDraw X5 and cutting with CoCut, and running Windows 10. Every driver is updated, cutter recognized, it works just fine but the problem is why does it stop?
Thanks in advance!

Try this -- download and install SignBlazer  (deactivate your anti-virus scanner, it will show up as a dangerous item because the SBE program has been internally-coded to remove the Registration scheme, but there is no actual virus problem).

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Now, choose the NewStar Omega OM130 cutter in setup.  Let us know how that works out.

omega.jpg

There is nothing to connect. Do your design, save it as an .eps, import it in SBE, then cut from SBE.

SignBlazer is a stand-alone design & cut program. We are trying here to figure out if your interruption is caused by the Plug-in (CoCut) for Corel or is something else. Using an alternative cutting application will troubleshoot this, to determine if the cutter stops even with another program running it.

What you need to do is just type text in SignBlazer and cut that. (or use the LIBRARY -- Draw menu -- and cut some graphic object).

If you need to check a specific design that's already saved in Corel, then do as humana notes, and bring the design into SBE as an imported .eps (File menu -- Import)

It doesn't want to cut. When i change the port it says that cutter can not be found, but when I pick the right port, error doesn't occur but it just doesn't start cutting.

OK, let's try this ---  when the SignBlazer program is set to the Omega 130 you aren't getting anything to happen. Change that to another cutter --  try a Roland or RedSail or Liyu or even Copam.

• Like 1

You might have to try, try, try again with the different models of cutters listed in SignBlazer. It sucks to go through the list, but if you get one to work, then you're golden and will never have to change that setting.

I changed the cable from USB to COM2, now it cuts!

I just cut one example, it didn't block, i will update. When I exported the draw from corel and imported to SBE, it didn't have any letters, probably because of font difference. Any solutions to that?

OK, now we're getting somehere!

Your original issue was "The problem is, every once in a while, it stops during the cutting, more and more often."

You've said this graphic you are trying to cut has letters -- which letters? What font name? Can we take a peek at this graphic?

6 hours ago, Npokraa said:

I changed the cable from USB to COM2, now it cuts!

I just cut one example, it didn't block, i will update. When I exported the draw from corel and imported to SBE, it didn't have any letters, probably because of font difference. Any solutions to that?

One option, convert the text to paths before saving. I usually duplicate the image and keep a copy with the actual text, and a copy with just paths. That way if for some reason I ever loose the font file I still have the original design.

cutters will behave much, much better with true type fonts (ttf) over open type fonts (otf).