Sign in to follow this  
haumana

Pricing for reflective job

@arty-rc had the formula of L+W divided by 2=$ for single color vinyl.

What are y'all thoughts on single color (white) reflective. Since I'm a hobbyist, I've never had a request for reflective until now. I had bought reflective material in various color a while back, and made stuff for personal use, never customer. I can't even begin to wonder what the cost of reflective it now days.

The job is straight up text, (6 pieces) 22" x 3". I'm more inclined to do a trade, but I think he is wanting a realistic retail charge on this. Installation is not included, the customer will be handling that himself.

Mahalo in advance! shaka.gif.b75fc8aecdfebeef10679e2cc675858e.gif

last roll of reflective I bought was engineering grade for my printer - was $1200 for a 30" wide roll - so prices were 10x higher than standard 651 vinyl.  that was for engineering grade 3m with comply 

5 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

last roll of reflective I bought was engineering grade for my printer - was $1200 for a 30" wide roll - so prices were 10x higher than standard 651 vinyl.  that was for engineering grade 3m with comply 

ouch! Hmm, I think my customer will definitely want to do a trade, but I will try to give him a retail cost on it. Wow, 10x pricier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haumana said:

ouch! Hmm, I think my customer will definitely want to do a trade, but I will try to give him a retail cost on it. Wow, 10x pricier.

there are cheaper reflectives but I always went for quality over price.

• Like 2

I'm guessing I probably have the "cheaper" reflective. It's unbranded with a yellow backing. Weeding it wasn't difficult, but it was tearing very easily. :huh:

• Like 1

reflective can tear easily anyways but the 3m engineering grade is thicker than others I have used - I do have a 54" roll of green in the basement that I could never cut with a plotter - I use it for house number sign backing with white over it