Hello everyone, So I've just brought a used UsCutter MH721 MK2 and don't have the disk and my computer isn't picking it up which is on windows 10 (Dont know if it's compatible with Windows 10), Does anybody know if I need to download a USB driver, I'm confused as I can cut on SignCut but Sure cuts alot 5 can't find it? Any ideas?  And also I have found website about a USB driver download on UsCutter/downloads but all I get is downloads for Windows XP, Vista, windows 7, and Mac OSX, So when I choose windows XP just to try the download I get hit with a page saying 'This page doesn't exist' 

Please help......

1 hour ago, Gafski said:

Hello everyone, So I've just brought a used UsCutter MH721 MK2 and don't have the disk and my computer isn't picking it up which is on windows 10 (Dont know if it's compatible with Windows 10), Does anybody know if I need to download a USB driver, I'm confused as I can cut on SignCut but Sure cuts alot 5 can't find it? Any ideas?  And also I have found website about a USB driver download on UsCutter/downloads but all I get is downloads for Windows XP, Vista, windows 7, and Mac OSX, So when I choose windows XP just to try the download I get hit with a page saying 'This page doesn't exist' 

Please help......

Just a note, the U.K. mh721 is different than the one uscutter sells.  

How are you connecting to the cutter? USB or Serial?

If SignCut can cut on it then the cutter is setup and it's just a matter of getting Sure Cuts A Lot configured to use it.

@Dakotagrafx Well im new to this so I wouldn't know the difference between the US and UK model, It just has a label on the top of the cutter saying 'UsCutter MH-721 (2)'  and if you see the picture I attached the serial ripped off along with the carbon fibre vinyl that was put over it so uscutter cant help without it....

@darcshadow Its connected by USB, However there is a COM input but wasn't given that lead, Would this allow Sure cuts a lot 5 to find the hardware?

@slice&dice I have downloaded this before does not seem to do anything :/ 

and this is all that comes up when I try and cut https://gyazo.com/95540047ad0a96451f0a25a4f374c70a

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

9 minutes ago, Gafski said:

@Dakotagrafx Well im new to this so I wouldn't know the difference between the US and UK model, It just has a label on the top of the cutter saying 'UsCutter MH-721 (2)'  and if you see the picture I attached the serial ripped off along with the carbon fibre vinyl that was put over it so uscutter cant help without it....

@darcshadow Its connected by USB, However there is a COM input but wasn't given that lead, Would this allow Sure cuts a lot 5 to find the hardware?

@slice&dice I have downloaded this before does not seem to do anything :/ 

and this is all that comes up when I try and cut https://gyazo.com/95540047ad0a96451f0a25a4f374c70a

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

that and uscutter will also only support the original purchaser anyways - just the US version has had 3 different mainboards  - add the uk and international versions and they are all different  

PS Refine uses that same decal on all their mh series sold all over the world no matter what mainboard is in them - chinese cutter sold my many places - 

2 minutes ago, Gafski said:

I mean it cuts on SignCut but wont on Sure cuts alot 5, How do I add the UK and international versions? @Dakotagrafx

not a clue - I think it should work as the drives are the old generic roland pnc-1000 on most of the chinese plotters 

Ok if you're using the USB port and one software works then you have the necessary drivers installed already. The MH does not show up as a printer or cutter in device manager, it will show up under the communications category.

I don't have SCAL so I don't know it's details, but some where there should be a setting for how to communicate with the cutter. 

Have you tried adding the cutter per the manual, section 1.01.4?

https://www.iloveknk.com/0um/SCAL5/SCAL5-User-Manual.pdf

SIgnCut has it's own drivers built into the program. I'm not tech enough to know how all that works but I do know that they have the pull down menus that you just select your cutter and away you go. That may not be the case with Sure Cuts. 

That seems odd but ok. If the driver is not actually installed on the PC then you'll need to download and install it. The link above is for the MK1 Driver. You probably need the MK2 Driver found here; http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/mh_mk2_driver.exe

Once you have the driver installed go here and follow the setup instructions.

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037539072-MH-Setup-and-Instructional-Video

Ok I may have found the issue and I tested it and got it working but its something to do with disabling Driver signature in the Admin command prompt you have to type 'bcdedit _set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS' Just incase anybody else has the issue

Thank you all for the replies though! been helpful!

• Like 1