summer

siser recommendations needed

I have the MH 871-MK2 cutter. Which Siser would you recommend for text only tshirts? Is this a good one?  12" x 1 Foot Continuous Siser EasyWeed 

I like the 15" rolls because it gives you a little wiggle room for large designs. Shirt designs are usually no bigger than 11" but occasionally I've done some that are right at 12". And I can usually fit other items/designs in the extra space so I rarely waste the extra few inches.

Buying by the foot is good for colors/designs you don't plan to use often, but I would get one of the longer rolls for the big colors you'll use. White and Black are good colors for buying a 10 yrd or longer roll.

Siser Easyweed is a great all around HTV. Siser also has several more specialized HTVs that are quite good as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with darcshadow. 15" seems to be the most usable with the least waste. You can save most of your scraps and find uses for them too. Unlike sign vinyl you don't need a mask on regular HTV so if you use a weeding box so you can see where the edge of the current job came to you can cut off and save any excess if it's still a wide enough piece to load into your cutter. I usually save anything that is at least 2" wide and find times to use them for names and other small add on's often. Some times due to availability or brand I have had to get 20" wide and usually seem to waste more at that width. 12" is a bit lacking or you have to turn the graphic sideways and then end up with waste that is just a bit too skinny to be usable as scraps or you have 20 feet of 2" stuff etc.... HTV ain't cheap so every bit you can conserve is good. 

Don't forget to mirror your design! 

• Like 3

Ditto on the 15" rolls and Siser EZ Weed. I get the like 15yd rolls of black and white and other colors I just get 6ft sections. I do get a bit of scraps I would like to stop having, but hopefully my new cutter will allow me to plan things out better. 

I have been getting from 651vinyl and have been really pleased with them.