BlueLine GraphFX

PCut CT630 cutting in Morse Code!

That is the quick way to describe it. LOL  :D

I have only used my pcut about 2 dozen times.  I was using it as a hobby, when my work & family schedule changed and I was unable to use it anymore.  With that said, I wanted to get back into it so I dusted off my dedicated laptop with Signcut Pro 1, renewed my lic and went to cut out some simple text.  The cutter didn't do its smooth and fast cutting, it was a dash,dash,dash,dash…..etc. the simple text of "Test", 1"x 2" took the cutter about 6 minutes to complete! Yes, 6 minutes!! It was also very hard to weed due to all the little stop and go.

I've been using the same laptop that has NOT been updated since the last time it cut fine. (4-5 years ago). I use this computer , because it has all my art work and clip art and full version of Adobe Suite I purchased on I've changed out the USB cord twice with same results.  So I update all drivers and same results. I would like to get this machine up and working again if possible.  

PS I just purchased a new laptop & a smaller cutter (Titan 3 -15" with VM Pro) so I can start doing small jobs right away but need/want my 24" wide cutter for bigger jobs.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions of help. :thumbsup:

How about contacting SIgnCut tech support to be sure it's not something software related. You can ask for assistance on the website and they are pretty quick to get back to people with an actual live person. 

Thank you both for the help! :thumbsup:  I might give it 1 more try before I call support for signcut.  I just noticed my VinylMaster Pro supports my PCut. :huh:

Just maybe a New laptop and software is what it needs! :P  Fingers crossed!!

Sign Blazer is free, download that and at least try to test with that.

Can you do a test cut from the control panel on the cutter itself? If so, try that and let us know what the results are.

Check your cutting strip, when my deals start getting perforated cuts, it's usually a combination of a cutting strip that needs to be to replaced, and the vinyl got older - a little more stiff, and the cutting force needs to be increase a smidgen. How old is your vinyl, and what kind of vinyl are you trying to cut?

I will try your suggestion of Sign Blazer.  I do have some old vinyl (over 10yrs) and some that is days old.  

When I mean Morse code , I'm talking about the machine movement.  Not the cut vinyl.  It's like the speed is set to 1/2mm a sec!  Instead of a nice continuous flow.