thisdoesfine

MH721-MK2 set origin SBE

I haven't been doing any cuts with my MH721for a while, but, lately I've been wasting a LOT of vinyl because I can't figure out where the hell the cutter is going to start.  Half the time it feeds 6" backwards and tosses the vinyl out of the machine and starts cutting nothing.  Other times it feeds the vinyl through 6" and starts in the middle, ending on nothing b/c the sheet is gone.  I've been trying to use 12" sheets of heat transfer to make fun shirts (think family disney trip) and am so frustrated.

I'm using Sign Blazer Elements.  When I choose cut > "Move Cutter to:" > I press anything and it crashes the program.

Better free program?  I used to have no issues with SBE other than waiting for the trial period to start.

Thanks!

Move the carriage head to the lower right hand corner. Push the ORIGIN button on the vinyl cutter before sending the cut.  The cut may start further up, but it will come back and finish the job. The ORIGIN is where the cutter starts measuring your design.   Turn your speed slow.  Make sure design is smaller than the sheet of vinyl.  Best to use a serial  connection or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter on a value cutter. like the MH.  

• Like 2

Skeeter, first of all thanks for responding.  

I just tried that and had two completely different results.  I'm using the pen on paper to test to not waste any more vinyl.  I put my sheet of paper in, put it to where there was about 1" past where the pen would touch down.  I loaded the design (4in x 5in) and pressed "Cutter" to bring up the cut screen.  Before pressing cut, I pressed "Origin" on the cutter itself.  That presses the pen down.  I then hit cut on the software and it barely fed the paper at all and did the "cut" great.  I tried the exact same thing again, same placements etc and it fed the paper backwards too far and it fell out of the cutter.  Same design, same steps.  This is what's frustrating me.  :(

Also, I have no idea what a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is but I'll google it.  I never used to have this issue of it feeding what seems like random directions / distances before cutting.  I'm going to keep trying on paper until I figure it out.  

Have to ask. You did hit origin again after loading the paper the second time?

• Like 3

Long shot, but try hitting the origin button before bring up the cut window.

If you are setting the origin before the cut, and it's feeding out vinyl before the cut, it's usually due to the design or a setting in the software. I'm not very familiar with SBE, but I'd make sure that the preview of the cut doesn't look like it's starting several inches away from the origin point on the screen. A lot of programs have advance after plot available as an option as well, and I'd see if turning that off helps to resolve the issue.

if that doesn't fix it, I'll defer judgment to the SBE experts. Providing some images of what you are seeing before sending the job may make it easier to find the solution.

Hi, let's try a few things.

First download and install the v7.0 (hybrid) version that's offered in a secret archive at the USCUTTER site. (It shows as v6 but in the HELP/ABOUT menu after the program is running you can see it's v7.0.0)

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Then, verify that you have the checkbox selected (CUTTER setup) "Fit to Origin"

Lastly, you should be pressing the RESET button on the cutter panel after each run. After that, you can adjust the origin.

• Like 1