Outside of the regular noises which are quiet there is a robotic almost like computer noise like R2D2 makes. We just got this unit a few weeks ago

First I have ever heard of something like that.

Can you do a short video showing and hearing it?

just out of curiosity does your design have lots and lots of nodes?  does it make that same sound on a simple shape?

Is it your blade hitting that hard?  How did you set your blade depth? Too many people are using wrong blade depth instructions. 

Just hooked up my Titan cutter. I am having the same sounds. Blade is set correctly, not cutting through. It actually sounds like there is a speaker. Anyone know?

I'm use to a Graphtec, so this is new to me.  I've attached a video with sound. 

I don't have a Titan, but that doesn't sound odd to me. The MH makes a lot more noise than that. As for it not cutting, does the cutter ever go up or down? It doesn't look like it in the video, but hard to tell.

• Like 1

must be the titan one with the stepper motor - the titan 2 or 3 with the servo didn't sound like that

Hello, Lorrie, welcome to the troubleshooting corner.

First of all, the video does show the blade dropping, but it seems to be not aligned with the cutting strip. (The white nylon runner).

Please check to make sure the entire cutting head is correctly seated on the rail with the wheels in the track.

41 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

First of all, the video does show the blade dropping, but it seems to be not aligned with the cutting strip. (The white nylon runner).

Please check to make sure the entire cutting head is correctly seated on the rail with the wheels in the track.

Is it a black cutting strip and you might be seeing something else behind it? 

There is no such thing as a Titan 'black cutting strip" -- they are always white.

2 hours ago, slice&dice said:

There is no such thing as a 'black cutting strip" -- they are always white.

He is used to looking at a Graphtec teflon cutting strip.  They are black. :D  At least mine is and so are the CE 5000-60's ..

• Like 1

MH, SC2, LP3, all Titans -- white, white, white and white.
AFAIK, this is not the Graphtec section of Forums. Making a comparison to Graphtecs seems sorta illogical to me: It's like having a discussion about Honda Accord vehicles in a Car Repair Forum, and telling someone that they need to check their v8 engine valve covers.

Anyway, in regards to this operational noise, I wonder if it's possible to put some dampening material (foam rubber?) into the bottom casing, reducing the loudness? I'm gonna try that in my SC2, and see what happens, and report back here.

On my MH anyway, the bulk of the noise actually comes from the vinyl. I've found if I cut a small scrap piece rather than from a large roll the noise while still pretty loud, is greatly reduced.

We're having quite the conversation between us when the OP hasn't logged back on since signing up and posting 20 hrs ago LOL

• Haha 1

Aaaarrrggghhh!  Tried to put some sound-damper foam rubber in the bottom of the SC2, but after going through all the trouble of taking the machine off the stand, and removing the lower plate, I decided not to stuff anything in there with all the electronics (power supply, motherboard).

I'll just live with the grinding and whirring and humming.

C'est la vie.

If that's the extent of the what the cutter noise is, I'd be happy. My LP is louder than that - the fans alone are loud, and my friend's VinylExpress p.o.s. is even louder than the LP.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, slice&dice said:

Sorry All! With all of the Covid issues I've been swamped! The blade is lined up, dead center of the white strip. The cutting is correct. Nothing is wrong and works correctly. It's just the space ship noise, lol. I guess I can live with it, I just wasn't sure if it was a normal sound for this machine.

16 hours ago, edemunsta said:

Hello everyone! It's been so long since ive been on the forums.  So my Titan 3 is making this weird grinding noise coming from one roller.  Any ideas on a fix?

any debris or vinyl down in there?

• Like 1