srbbrandt

SC2 Advancing vinyl too far

Hey guys, I recently purchased an 53" SC2 cutter and have been running into a frustrating issue. When attempting to align registration marks for contour cutting, the cutter will let me align the first mark like normal, and then when it asks to align point no.2 it advances way too far and my vinyl ends up on the ground. The sheet of vinyl im trying to cut is 35"x25", I tried printing it with much more excess on a 55" sheet of vinyl and it advances till its barely on the roller. After marking all 4 points the carriage slid all the way to the right / started making an ugly noise. Test sheet works just fine, cutting mat is the same size as artwork. Let me know if you have any thoughts, Thanks!!

No mention of which cutting software, on which operating system.  USB or serial.?  When you provide the correct info, maybe someone using it can help. 

Strongly urge you to contact USCUTTER support tomorrow (Monday) ----- that cutter is warranteed and it appears you need tech help from the equipment seller.

This sentence leaves me with the impression your motherboard has failed ---  "the carriage slid all the way to the right / started making an ugly noise."  (grinding noise is typical of a bad motherboard circuit)

On 12/1/2019 at 8:58 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

No mention of which cutting software, on which operating system.  USB or serial.?  When you provide the correct info, maybe someone using it can help. 

I am using the Vinyl Master software that came with the cutter on USB. I already have Flexi Rip&cut for my latex printer so ive been throwing around the idea of setting the cutter up to work with flexi instead of VM.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, slice&dice said:

Strongly urge you to contact USCUTTER support tomorrow (Monday) ----- that cutter is warranteed and it appears you need tech help from the equipment seller.

This sentence leaves me with the impression your motherboard has failed ---  "the carriage slid all the way to the right / started making an ugly noise."  (grinding noise is typical of a bad motherboard circuit)

I will contact them tomorrow, I bought the unit less than a month ago so I should still be covered. If the motherboard circuit was bad would the machine still cut? Works fine for normal decals after I turned it off/On but still cant figure out the contour cut feature.

If it cuts regular fine, then it would not be the board.   Are you following the calibration and instructions for contour cutting with Vinyl Master from the support page?   Also the value cutters are best on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter with null modem cable for better connections. 

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/articles/14000049746-contour-cutting-with-the-laserpoint-ii-and-sc-cutters-vinylmaster-sure-cuts-a-lot-3-pro-flexisign

• Like 1