Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

"Show print tiling"

Are you trying to adjust your art board size? There us a little tool down on the toolset that lets you adjust it easily either by dragging sides or typing in specific size. Shift+O will open that tool up as well if it isn't immediately apparent.

If it's actual print issues not dartboard then in the print dialog there will be a box in the General tab that lets you decide what print media size. And below it are the next couple boxes that let you either leave it to scale, scale it, fit to page, Custom scale or tile. The Tile option is constrained by the previous media size settings. On the next page in the print dialog there will be marks and bleed that let you override whatever bleed settings were in the original document set-up.

Hope the helps. I actually run CS5 but they are the same for these things I believe. 

Here is a screenshot of the print dialog General tab. The area in the circle is where you choose the paper size once you tag the "tile" box. Down beside the Tile toggle you can adjust from "Full Pages" and adjust the overlap or choose "Imagable Area" 

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 10.43.38 PM.png

That's what I needed. Thanks!

( I never messed with it there in fear of screwing my sublimation settings, I figured there'd be a setting somewhere else)

• Like 1

One more question....  When sublimating coffee mugs, I need a rectangle at times for a guide. If I draw a white rectangle and add stroke, the white "fill" area always leaves a slight pinkish box. I've made it true white and even turned fill off, nothing stops it. I tried to do a minus back using two rectangles, but it won't do it. I can have the exact desired frame in 6 seconds using Scalp. Not sure what I'm missing.  Clipping mask won't work either.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, GraphxNMore said:

One more question....  When sublimating coffee mugs, I need a rectangle at times for a guide. If I draw a white rectangle and add stroke, the white "fill" area always leaves a slight pinkish box. I've made it true white and even turned fill off, nothing stops it. I tried to do a minus back using two rectangles, but it won't do it. I can have the exact desired frame in 6 seconds using Scalp. Not sure what I'm missing.  Clipping mask won't work either.

When you say the minus won't do it what do you mean? Having trouble with the operation or it still showing the pink? Make sure the one rectangle is slightly larger and stack another slightly smaller on top,  be sure both are selected and use the minus front. 

There's no minus front in CS6. I send the smaller one to back, but minus back does nothing in the program. I get a message saying groups... yada yada.... this function may have no result....and it doesn't.

There's a subtract, but it yields no result either.

Sounds like hey are in different groups. Select each one individually and go to Object>ungroup. You might have to do it a couple times. You can see what's stacked where if you have the layers window open. 

CS6 is basically the same as CS5 but with fancier interface look. In the Pathfinder window and it should be the second option over on the top row of two rows. It technically is in the (Shape Modes). But they do have to be in the same group or not grouped if they happen to be in separate groups it won't do it. Illustrator is a beech for technicalities but there are reasons behind them all. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 7.01.07 AM.png