VinylM

Propane truck application

Hey all,

So I have something that I need help with. I have been selling decals for years online, so not much with application wise. Although I have done several applications at businesses and car decals, I have a new one that I was approached with. A propane truck... with reflective. how does one set something centered and level on a cylinder like that and I was told that you can not do a wet application w reflective. How do you all handle these applications. I have been asked to do this tomorrow so any quick help would be appreciated. If this weekend has passed and you are reading this please give me your feed back Still. There is a fleet of these that I will be doing eventually so id love all your tricks.Thanks!

never done one but I would do a lot of measuring  and stand back with marks placed with some blue painters tape before I began to make sure i had all the measurements right.  reflective is high risk/ high reward if all goes right.  IF I was doing a fleet I would seriously consider a laser level that projected on the truck to speed things up and ensure proper placement.   engineering grade reflective is too pricey to just wing it.
Good luck and post pictures with feedback after you do it

48 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

never done one but I would do a lot of measuring  and stand back with marks placed with some blue painters tape before I began to make sure i had all the measurements right.  reflective is high risk/ high reward if all goes right.  IF I was doing a fleet I would seriously consider a laser level that projected on the truck to speed things up and ensure proper placement.   engineering grade reflective is too pricey to just wing it.
Good luck and post pictures with feedback after you do it

Thats what im worried about. Measuring... how do you measure a cylinder like that??? I have been just selling him the Cut and taped reflective vinyl all these years, but now he's asking for install also and don't want to pass that up that $$. Thanks for the laser level idea. Ill have to look into that and see what the cost is. I appreciate your comment.

https://www.harborfreight.com/16-in-laser-level-with-swivel-head-69259.html

Place one leg towards the vehicle and the other two parallel to the truck.  Adjust the level to get the laser aligned to a horizontal line on the truck.  Then start adding blocks under the front leg until you get to the height you want.  Used to align industrial equipment this way and you'll be within a few thousands if you take your time.

NOT THIS ONE....IT NOW ONLY PROJECTS A DOT INSTEAD OF CROSSHAIRS

Edited by ShaneGreen
Changed product...
  • Like 1

Sorry about that. . . the one they used to sell looked identical and it projected two lines at right angles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1