3barefoot

Who is your GOTO for Shirts

I use Shirtspace 95% of the time. Just wanted to see what else was out there and who everyone uses. I mostly buy Gildan 6oz. Shirtspace has them for $2.13 right now for basic colors like white. I'm getting ready to place an order of 40 white t-shirts. Just thought I would ask.

I just placed an order at SanMar for white Gildan Heavy 100% cotton t-shirts the basic sizes were on sale $1.76 each.

Always check the SALE tab.

56 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

I just placed an order at SanMar for white Gildan Heavy 100% cotton t-shirts the basic sizes were on sale $1.76 each.

Always check the SALE tab.

Sue have you tried the port and company shirts from sanmar?  that is the one thing I am going to miss about closing my business - I switched over years ago for the business and my personal shirts because they was so nice - check the p-61 shirts

• Like 1

I have sent in a request to SanMar. I mostly make shirts for myself, family, baseball moms, & for our workers here at our mechanic shop. 

Right now I'm making shirts for my family to wear at our Hotdog Stand at the NC state fair. This year makes 70 years my family has owned a stand out there. 

So I want something that will hold up and not be see through lol 

Thanks everyone :)

I'll try those...mostly this lot is for  a charity event and they don't care much as long as it lasts the day!!

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

I'll try those...mostly this lot is for  a charity event and they don't care much as long as it lasts the day!!

:rolleyes:

then they have a cheaper one - can't remember but like a 5.2 or something like that - it is hard to beat the quality of the shirts and even great prices also.  personally after wearing them it is harder to wear the gildans that I used to love so much.  with the port and company not only cheaper but better so customer perceives more value also

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3barefoot said:

I have sent in a request to SanMar. I mostly make shirts for myself, family, baseball moms, & for our workers here at our mechanic shop. 

Right now I'm making shirts for my family to wear at our Hotdog Stand at the NC state fair. This year makes 70 years my family has owned a stand out there. 

So I want something that will hold up and not be see through lol 

Thanks everyone :)

main thing I am going to miss is being able to buy from sanmar and their shirts - closed the business so can't order from them anymore :(

We switched from Gildam to Port. Gildan was having seam issues, was told it was due to high volume due to a fire at one of their places. Everyone loves the Port better, only thing we get from Gildan is the 18500 hoodies, my customers are die hard Gildan hoodie fans

• Like 1

I will definately try the Port shirts next time.....but, I use Gildan mostly because I can always run to the Hobby stores to get "a few more"  when my customers miscount or under count their needs.

• Like 2

Why must Sanmar make it so hard? They have sent a email requesting the equipment I have, some of my designs I sale.

If I want to buy your shirts what does it matter what I do with them?

17 minutes ago, 3barefoot said:

Why must Sanmar make it so hard? They have sent a email requesting the equipment I have, some of my designs I sale.

once you provide your tax number I am guessing just so they can target market products for your needs?

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

once you provide your tax number I am guessing just so they can target market products for your needs?

I sent that in when I first signed up. Then they sent an email asking for all that other info.

then I guess either target marketing or weeding out the crafters that are not in their target market

• Like 2

Dakota, you hit it on the head.  I signed up with Sanmar back in the spring and they kept asking for more and more info.  Then one day I got a phone call from someone in customer service with "just a few more questions."  I stopped her and explained that we were primarily a vinyl decal shop but customers occasionally want shirts to go with the decals. A local silk screen shop had been doing our shirts when we needed them, but the shop sold and the new owners upped our price. So we were going to start doing our own in HTV.  Any orders we placed would probably only be 10 -50 shirts.  She asked what vinyl cutters we had and what sized vinyl we used and then offered me case pricing on any sized order.  She apologized for it taking so long but that basically they were trying to weed out the Cricuters.  It seemed to be more about the amount of support they required than the number of shirts they ordered.

• Like 1

great thing about the forum we have everyone from crafters to salty old dogs - - -not all suggestions are for everyone = but those with a tax license sure if hard to beat those port & Co shirts.  when my supply gets low I will have to find someone to do an order for me but I stocked up pretty good just for my personal use before closing the official business - for those without a tax license I used to buy from jiffyshirts.  just spoiled on the port shirts for personal stuff now :/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

great thing about the forum we have everyone from crafters to salty old dogs - - -not all suggestions are for everyone = but those with a tax license sure if hard to beat those port & Co shirts.  when my supply gets low I will have to find someone to do an order for me but I stocked up pretty good just for my personal use before closing the official business - for those without a tax license I used to buy from jiffyshirts.  just spoiled on the port shirts for personal stuff now :/

Gotcha covered Dakota

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, 3barefoot said:

They have great shirt prices.  However if you are ordering under $200 (I think last time I checked), shipping is expensive.  

12 minutes ago, gailherran said:

They have great shirt prices.  However if you are ordering under $200 (I think last time I checked), shipping is expensive.  

But it is hard to beat sanmars own port and company shirts for feel and durability.  if a customer feels they are getting a quality product they keep coming back for years - if they feel a product is inferior they find somewhere else the next time.   Part of the reason we don't buy shirts in cruise ports anymore - they are cheap and it is apparent. 

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

But it is hard to beat sanmars own port and company shirts for feel and durability.  if a customer feels they are getting a quality product they keep coming back for years - if they feel a product is inferior they find somewhere else the next time.   Part of the reason we don't buy shirts in cruise ports anymore - they are cheap and it is apparent. 

I do love the Port and Company.  

• Like 2

I know this is a necrobump - but try the District Made shirts - my wifes sells a ton of them!  Another thing if you have a Sanmar account - make sure you ask for case pricing.  The downside is the sales prices are normally case pricing - so sales don't effect you much, but you get the sales price every day!  LOL

• Like 1

Try www.rgriley.com  They're a lot of closeout and 2nd's but prices are awesome.  Most recent purchase was the "comfort color" brand for $2 each.  Can't buy in less than a dozen of each size, but price seemed worth it.