So I'm not necessarily new here, but I haven't been on here for a few years.

I have a friend that builds little bit and miss engines. He wants a McCormick Deering decal for the side of the stand it's on. Does anyone know what don't it is or one close. This is the decal on the engine

IMG_20190909_134812420.jpg

Find My Font found these two....

NYTCheltenhamBdCon (Regular)

Gloucester MT Extra Condensed (Regular)

Sue2

• Like 1

The "Made By" text seems to be Copperplate (hard to tell from the picture at low res).

Gloucester is correct (included with the standard SignBlazer 200 installed fonts).

21 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

The "Made By" text seems to be Copperplate (hard to tell from the picture at low res).

Gloucester is correct (included with the standard SignBlazer 200 installed fonts).

doesn't Gloucester come with every copy of windows?  Just checked 2 of my machines that don't have outdated signblazer and it is on both . . .

Yes, Dakota.

SignBlazer installed fonts are indicated by "SBF_"  and Gloucester is not one of those. Thanks for the heads-up.

(BTW, what does "outdated" have to do with a particular font style? Is there some sort of 'expires by' limitation for fonts?)

9 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Yes, Dakota.

SignBlazer installed fonts are indicated by "SBF_"  and Gloucester is not one of those. Thanks for the heads-up.

(BTW, what does "outdated" have to do with a particular font style? Is there some sort of 'expires by' limitation for fonts?)

signblazer was light years ahead of it's time 8 years ago but is getting pretty long in the tooth - even back then we was having trouble with it displaying .eps files in the previews and left all those temp files for every file you used - housekeeping to remove those temp files was a PIA but if Jerry had not passed away I am sure it would be a top contender today

• Like 1

"housekeeping to remove those temp files was a PIA"

Are you referring to the *.pvw files that it generates inside any folder that contains graphics & images?
Those are a snap to be rid of. Here's the script to run, it wipes them all out instantly in one click (run it from inside a folder that has the preview files). You're welcome.

If you were thinking of the auto-backup of SBD files, that can be turned off. (Settings menu/ Preferences)

previewclean.cmd

35 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

"housekeeping to remove those temp files was a PIA"

Are you referring to the *.pvw files that it generates inside any folder that contains graphics & images?
Those are a snap to be rid of. Here's the script to run, it wipes them all out instantly in one click (run it from inside a folder that has the preview files). You're welcome.

If you were thinking of the auto-backup of SBD files, that can be turned off. (Settings menu/ Preferences)

previewclean.cmd

no need for me I use current software that is being updated . . . and no need for those extra steps.  Did you ever find a solution so it would show the .eps in the preview all the time?

VM does that stupid thing with auto backup files as well. I made a batch script that runs each time I start my computer to find and remove them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

no need for me I use current software that is being updated . . . and no need for those extra steps.  Did you ever find a solution so it would show the .eps in the preview all the time?

I utilize software that is comfortable for me, and the "PIA" you described was very easily resolved by deploying a command script (as darcshadow describes he uses with VM).  I offered that script here on the forum because you mentioned that it's a PIA, and I showed any readers here who are still using SignBlazer that it's really not.

My workflow has never involved .eps files   ---  I open the SBE program, design what I need inside the pink rectangle, and then cut.

Anyway, we were discussing fonts, and I wondered what the age of SBE had to do with fonts?

it all started with a hyperlink to download signblazer for a font that is not part of signblazer - -- -

And I noted that you were correct, dakota.
You made your point, and then proceeded into another realm. A realm I vehemently disagree with. "Outdated" does not mean "useless"

My work continues to be based in SBE, my cutter functions flawlessly in SBE, my brain is comfortable in SBE, and furthermore, I've helped many people here on the forums troubleshoot their hardware/software problems with SBE.

The legacy abandonware left to this community by Jerry Bonham is what it is. Still a great resource.

• Like 1

heck I never said useless - in many cases it is still above scalp :)  have a good weekend slice